Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
axlrose2k5
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:38 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Quote:
I saw this over at GameSetWatch: Apparently, a guy (who also runs a game-industry translation outfit) is working on producing a fan translation of Segagaga, that wacky Dreamcast game-industry sim where you take the reins of the ailing Sega corporation and band together with famous company mascots to demolish all rivals and put the house that Sonic built back on top. Just like real life! Oh, wait. Anyway, it looks like possibly the nerdiest game ever and must have been lots of fun to make.

As for the translation, while it looks like there are still lots of hacking issues to be resolved, the writing in the first preliminary screens is looking quite good. Let’s just hope the translators are savvy enough to catch the many, many Sega references in the game (the fact that the producer doesn’t even know who “Alisa” is worries me somewhat, but he also mentions that he’s seeking a lot of help from more versed fans, so that’s promising).
Source: Shih Tzu @ Romhacking.net, DC Emulation

Here is a blog of the current progress: http://adilegian.1up.com/

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:32 pm
quote : #2
id love to see it happen, but i do fear alot of the humor will be lost.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:55 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I thought there was already translation guides available for this game? Or were those just gameplay guides?