Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey, I moved to Vancouver from Ottawa in August and just had my dc shipped out a few weeks ago.
It's a universaly modded dc, has some pretty LED chars, but most importantly; it has my snak in the internal memory!
Apon its arrival, I noticed something was wrong. It turns on fine but there is no video output whatsoever. The screen stays black.
I've tried through many cables so far. My vga monitor has no problem knowing that there is a video signal, but nothing is actually displayed.

My guess is that my modchip came unsoldered on the way here and did something wonky. In that case I'll try taking it off.

I'm not asking for any tech help with my dc, but wondering if I absolutely HAVE to fix this dc so that I can still use my char online, or if there is another LEGIT way to save it.

I've had to sink as low as playing PSOBB =/

thanks,

King.
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 am
quote : #2
Think your screwd dude, with any luck hopefully your bios wasnt flashd when they installed the chip.
Also i wouldn't touch the internals, I'd send it back from where you bought it from and tell them the faults so they can fix it. Under warrenty?

lo
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:06 pm
quote : #3
HI,
as far as I know there is no way to bring the char to another dreamcast, sorry Sad

I would try to resolder the chip or solder it out like you said.
If you send your Dreamcast away maybe they send you another one so your char would be lost.

I hope the best, good luck Smile

Greetz
lo_

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:35 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
well. I'll have to get a soldering gun somewhere and see if that's the problem.

for now I guess it's back to psobb =/