Page 2 of 2
Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:11 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Yeah, i just got this the other day, only played on game because F355 just arrived a day after as well, i'll be up for a game anytime. Also i don't get ISP, i managed to get a free one from SEGA, i thought how nice.

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:16 am
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Blast wrote:
Pick up the saves you need. Yes they will be PC players but it really does not alter things and unless you tell them they wont even know you are on a DC.

Sure you can always catch me and Segadreamcaster for a game as well if you are able to be on at the times we play.

I downloaded the save file from the "files," section of the site in March, but whenever I went on, only the onlineconsoles room showed up. Is there another save file I need to download, in addition to it? Or do I need a replacement file. If so, where could I find it?
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:14 pm
quote : #18
Type: Pal
MasquedWarrior wrote:
Blast wrote:
Pick up the saves you need. Yes they will be PC players but it really does not alter things and unless you tell them they wont even know you are on a DC.

Sure you can always catch me and Segadreamcaster for a game as well if you are able to be on at the times we play.

I downloaded the save file from the "files," section of the site in March, but whenever I went on, only the onlineconsoles room showed up. Is there another save file I need to download, in addition to it? Or do I need a replacement file. If so, where could I find it?

As far as I know Segadreamcaster still updates this thread with every change?

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7825

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:52 am
quote : #19
OC is a hardware centric community. Which means we have a focus on playing Dreamcast vs Dreamcast. Since Maximum Pool is cross platform compatible, I can't openly advertise support for cross platform play at this site. Otherwise we end up with people playing from their PC because getting online with the Dreamcast is more difficult.

So the save provided here only contains OC's Dreamcast only Maximum Pool room.
Posted:
Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:53 pm
quote : #20
lordnikon wrote:
OC is a hardware centric community. Which means we have a focus on playing Dreamcast vs Dreamcast. Since Maximum Pool is cross platform compatible, I can't openly advertise support for cross platform play at this site. Otherwise we end up with people playing from their PC because getting online with the Dreamcast is more difficult.

So the save provided here only contains OC's Dreamcast only Maximum Pool room.

There are certain games though including this one where the Dreamcast was intentionally designed to play against other formats. Anyone here should be playing from a dreamcast as you say but to deny that games can be played against other formats or in fact even censor that information takes away a unique part of the dreamcast. I would rather someone came here bought Maximum pool downloaded the save played maximum pool 12 hours a day for life against PC players and never came here again than option B. Option B is someone buys maximum pool comes here downloads the save never gets a game and sales it on ebay. Its great to play Maximum pool on dreamcast and I support Maximum pool DC vs DC 100% when anyone wants to do it, but to not take advantage of possibly the only large scale opponent base left available because they are on another platform does not seem quite right.

I will state for the record I have DC maximum pool and PC maximum pool. PC maximum pool is horrid the DC version is much better and much more user friendly. Ive played against PC opponents on about 5 different nights of gaming but only 1 in the last few years.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 pm
quote : #21
Blast, please back up the revolt against authority truck. You know very well that since this website started it has been a Dreamcast only website. This is nothing new. It has been this way for every Dreamcast game that has cross platform play. Our forum rules specifically outline what can or cannot be discussed on these message boards. I think the part "Everything at the DC site should be about the Dreamcast" pretty much sums up everything. If you don't know why this is a Dreamcast only website you can go search around in the Q3 forum for the 150 billion ideological explanations I have made there about why Q3 here is DC only. I just don't have the mental patience at the moment to explain it yet again.

My comments above about the OC maximum pool save, were to give an answer to MasquedWarrior's questions as to why there was only server 1 room in the file.

Also, I never said I was going to eliminate segadreamcaster's thread where he updates his save with other server addresses. The thread is vague enough so that it's simply presenting a file that could have Dreamcast servers on it, or other servers. As long as it doesn't go beyond that, that thread can stay. If it was in violation I could have eliminated it a long time ago.
Posted:
Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:08 am
quote : #22
lordnikon wrote:
Blast, please back up the revolt against authority truck. .

I dont have a truck, have you seen the fuel and tax prices over here? Wink This is more of a disability scooter.

The only comment I was trying to make is although PC/Mac users shouldent be here to post for games the information that we can play aginst them should be available for everyone to see. Maximum pool is in quite a unique position as the only Dreamcast game left where the possability of picking up a random game is 99.9%. Also Maximum pool is unique in that its the only dreamcast game ever where you can play other formats at no disadvantage. The dreamcast was ment to do this just like you can use a Dreameye to advertise and post pictures on ebay.

If thats the route we are already on with the save file Segadreamcaster has hosted then thats great. I have not read the post in a while, will look at it again now.

Laters