1, 2  Next
Dillweed22
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey gang,

Looking back on the past couple of years, I can see how much fun it's been for me in the DC scene.... Playing PSO online (in both supported and unsupported servers), collecting all kinds of peripherals and games, both from the US AND Japan/Europe. While I share your view that we need to keep the games online forever, I find myself playing my dreamcast less and less.. Which brings me to the contemplation. I have well over $500 worth of dreamcast gear. This includes (specifically):

*My 100% black dreamcast (a non-sega sports version),
*My matching modem and BBA,
*Every US Dreamcast Magazine demo CD with co-ordinating magazines,
*Every dreamcast browser disc ever made for any area (except for Dreamkey v2..... elusive bugger),
*2 dreamcast ASCII arcade sticks, one Maraca controller,
*An Official Dreamcast 6 button gamepad,
*Over 30 original games (many more NON original Games),
*A Copy of PSO v2 PAL with the DC-X import enabler disc

And the best part..

*An original Sega Katana Development GD-ROM burner, once owned by now defunct Acclaim Software, complete with a Blank GD-R disc.

I will present the question to you, my fellow dreamcast enthusiasts. Rather than be a glutton and hord..... my precious... Should I depart with it?
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:59 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Unless you're in a serious financial rut, I'd definitely say hold on to it. You'll be kicking yourself later if you sell it. You don't have to play the Dreamcast all the time. You'll come back to it and think "wow, why did I ever think about selling this!?" Wink

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:11 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
i think what you should realy be asking yourself is "can i live without my dreamcast?", now that may seem like a stupid question (as ive heard it is possible to live without one...) but if your answer is yes then sell,sell,sell!!
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:55 pm
quote : #4
how could you =0 Shocked if you did sell all that you would regret it forever !!! i wil lallways reget tha thing i sold/gave away lik ewaht you have posted so dott dooo it mannnn!!!!!! =^__^= unless you need space and lots of cash witch still do do it lol

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:18 pm
quote : #5
Slightly different subject still it boils down to the same thing.
Trade for Preorder in the Playstation 2 section of OC.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:20 am
quote : #6
It is difficult to be perceptive of the future. I agree with what Dreamcast ™ said. If you are not in financial trouble, then I would hold onto the equipment. Hoarders are those who are collectors, who have no intention of playing games, but keeping them locked up in a glass case. You might be playing your Dreamcast lesser lately, but you might start playing it more frequently later on. Sometimes I go for periods of time without playing a certain console, but it doesn't necessarily make me a hoarder. I can't play all of my games and consoles at once. It would be impossible Smile

This situation might be an instance where your interests are changing Dillweed22. Maybe you never play the Dreamcast again, and buy another game console. Or, maybe you slow down playing games alltogether and start up another hobby like motocross, painting, or chess.

Peoples interests can change and fluctuate over time. Life can also get in the way. I know this as good as anyone, since I am human just like everyone else here and have lived through such changes. All through college I barely played video games much, and had a serious relationship for about 3 years. I hadn't been serious into gaming since the Genesis days, and only had my N64 console at school. Here is the crazy part. During half of the time I was in school, my roomate had a Dreamcast!! All he played on it though was NBA2K1 over and over again.

It wasn't until I no longer had a girlfriend, was breaking away from school for a while, and had time to recenter my life that I was able to get back into the game hobby.

There will be people here at all area's of OnlineConsoles that sell all of their games and hardware, and move onto something else in life. Many younger members here will probobly go through this process. Most of the diehard serious members here at OnlineConsoles are into their mid-twenties, and are a bit more rooted in their interests.

By selling off your Dreamcast stuff Dillweed22, you could get some decent money that would help out with others things you are doing in life. However if you somehow wish to return to the video game hobby with a deeper passion than you have now, you will be kicking yourself in the face because you sold your Dreamcast collection. A long long time ago, when I was young, I sold my Sega MasterSystem collection. I have never forgiven myself since.
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:51 am
quote : #7
If gaming is a part of your life -then dont give your stuff away, because its like loosing the own history. Clear your collection - hold the best stuff back and put into a big box.
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:06 am
quote : #8
Type: PAL
ok this is what i found with my saturn :

I only had a small saturn collection, probably the most fun on it was virtua cop and light gun Razz
I found myself never playing it.
I sold it.
Now i miss it, every now and then i just wish i would of kept it.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:26 pm
quote : #9
i made a promise to myself that the only time i would sell things are if i buy a system that is backwards compatible with it, like when i buy the new Wii, I plan on selling my Gamecube... the point is, build your collection and love all of it, don't sell, cause you will regret, and who knows, don't you think you would like to give a dreamcast to your son or grandson?
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
TheOneFreeman
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:45 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Sometimes I go for periods of time without playing a certain console, but it doesn't necessarily make me a hoarder. I can't play all of my games and consoles at once. It would be impossible Smile

There will be people here at all area's of OnlineConsoles that sell all of their games and hardware, and move onto something else in life. Many younger members here will probobly go through this process. Most of the diehard serious members here at OnlineConsoles are into their mid-twenties, and are a bit more rooted in their interests.

By selling off your Dreamcast stuff Dillweed22, you could get some decent money that would help out with others things you are doing in life. However if you somehow wish to return to the video game hobby with a deeper passion than you have now, you will be kicking yourself in the face because you sold your Dreamcast collection. A long long time ago, when I was young, I sold my Sega MasterSystem collection. I have never forgiven myself since.

I agree with you alot Nikon.I used to have almost every Megaman for the NES (except #1) and sold them all one day for like $20 at a GameStop.I'm young but I'll never sell any of my consoles even my broken Playstation.
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:36 pm
quote : #11
nintendo_DS wrote:
...... to give a dreamcast to your son or grandson?

What about the girls??? I hold a Hello Felicitas DC back - special made for my dotter.
Posted:
Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:43 am
quote : #12
yes, sell it all. specifically to me. and for rock bottom prices.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:52 am
quote : #13
MasterChief wrote:

Shut the hell up. we're try to get him to not sell it.

Dillweed22
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:23 am
quote : #14
MasterChief wrote:

ROCK BOTTOM PRICES?! What do you call me for, a fool?? This is stuff I've collected ove the course of 6 years (most of it within the last 4 months). Many of the things I have you will not see ever! maybe onece every 2 years on ebay.. That's it.
Posted:
Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:16 pm
quote : #15
The items you listed can be found on eBay quite regularly. Only the gd-writer is something that would be tough to locate. The Black Dreamcast... ehh sort of rare, but it can definatly be found.

One other thing I would like to point out, is that many collectors sell items to others at a more reasonable price. eBay prices are most defiantly inflated. I am able to deal directly with other game collectors and get items at about 60% of their going rate on eBay. Sometimes less.

In the end, I am pretty sure that after MasterChief buys all of that stuff from you at bargain prices, he is going to give it to me as a gift. Laughing