Page 1 of 2
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
im just curious to know if anybody know's the story behind said leak, would be interesting to know what took place to get the beta(i presume).
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:16 am
quote : #2
I picture a covert mission to break into Valve's studio to get the beta, with bullets blazing, people dying, explosions and mass pandimonium.....

or someone managed to pick the beta off ebay, or the same way I get most of my development stuff... raiding an old office of a developer..

PS: just found an instruction manual for the Gamecube development kit at my work... HUZZAH!
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:25 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
mcmonkey wrote:
im just curious to know if anybody know's the story behind said leak, would be interesting to know what took place to get the beta(i presume).

I believe Half-Life was leaked like so many other Dreamcast games. The beta / preview disc was acquired and then ripped. In the upper echelons of video game collection, people try to get their hands on just about anything. The half-life scenario probobly went down a lot like Propellar Arena.

Dillweed22 wrote:
I picture a covert mission to break into Valve's studio to get the beta, with bullets blazing, people dying, explosions and mass pandimonium.....

Well that would certainly make for the most entertaining scenario Smile
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:34 pm
quote : #4
Dillweed22 wrote:

i like that theory, if only the real thing was that entertaining (or was it....)
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:10 pm
quote : #5
I'm with Nikon in guessing it was just a beta test/preview copy that made it's way into some eager hands. Considering the official strategy guide made it to press and was actually sold, it's safe to say there was at least one highly polished beta outside of Valve's doors. The strategy guide is dead on accurate to the leaked version.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:45 am
quote : #6
If I was Prima, I'd be pretty unhappy about printing off a ton of strategy guides for a game that was cancelled around two weeks before release. "Changing market conditions" my ass, Half Life would have sold like hotcakes.

As far as we know, does just the beta copy exist? If there is a master copy of the finished version, it would be interesting to see who has it. But stuff like that, Sonic Xtreme, and the PS1 copy of Baldur's Gate all usually end up in some collector's hands who seem to want them as a conquest as opposed to a game. It's a shame.

hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:58 am
quote : #7
Take The Bullet needs to be released. It's becoming some kind of an appeal now.
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:17 pm
quote : #8
hebe wrote:
Take The Bullet needs to be released. It's becoming some kind of an appeal now.

is that the fps that uses the light gun st the controll
rank 33
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:58 pm
quote : #9
Yep. That's the game. It was originally scheduled for release in late '99, but it was then delayed and eventually cancelled. There's a member over at DCH who owns a beta copy of the game. Unfortunately, he refuses to consider releasing it and won't even talk about the game at this point.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:51 am
quote : #10
kingofgrills wrote:
Yep. That's the game. It was originally scheduled for release in late '99, but it was then delayed and eventually cancelled. There's a member over at DCH who owns a beta copy of the game. Unfortunately, he refuses to consider releasing it and won't even talk about the game at this point.

He's gotttttta be bs'n then

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:39 pm
quote : #11
Gforce wrote:
kingofgrills wrote:

He's gotttttta be bs'n then

Why would you not wanna release that?

axlrose2k5
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:07 pm
quote : #12
Becuase then owning the Beta disc, would be pointless.If the game was leaked, the beta disc would go down in value.Which I bet cost a lot of money.

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:56 pm
quote : #13
Oh, ******* release it ye ******** Idea

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:04 pm
quote : #14
It's stupid to keep the unreleased betas locked up. Propeller Arena cost a pretty penny, but look at how much joy it's brought to the DC community. That should be worth more than the cost of a piece of plastic.

And I'd still pay a lot for the Propeller Arena beta disc just because it's the original beta disc. Not downsampled to fit on a regular 700 MB CD or anything.

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:35 pm
quote : #15
Well maybe he's just waiting for the right price, i mean that's his right. It's not right though !

Or maybe we should just all collectively beg. For all the alpha's, beta's, nearly finished code, half-finished games out there, to be released from the sky like rain, so that we shall be soaked in the seaman of our DC god's gonads. Basically, we want more philanthropic gestures. PLEASE. before our bollex shrivel.

For alpha's sake release us from our skintness ! And forgive me my skins.