kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:19 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Gforce wrote:
kingofgrills wrote:
Yep. That's the game. It was originally scheduled for release in late '99, but it was then delayed and eventually cancelled. There's a member over at DCH who owns a beta copy of the game. Unfortunately, he refuses to consider releasing it and won't even talk about the game at this point.

He's gotttttta be bs'n then

He's not BS'ing on this one. Several members on the DCH site have verified that he indeed owns a playable Beta copy of the game. He's a collector, and that is why he has no interest in releasing the game. He wants to maintain the value of his copy as it is right now.

Another member at the site has an early playable build of the GD-ROM Test Drive: Cycles, but he says it plays like ass.

How are my little crackers doing today?
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:33 pm
quote : #17
SNK 47 wrote:
Well maybe he's just waiting for the right price, i mean that's his right. It's not right though !

Or maybe we should just all collectively beg. For all the alpha's, beta's, nearly finished code, half-finished games out there, to be released from the sky like rain, so that we shall be soaked in the seaman of our DC god's gonads. Basically, we want more philanthropic gestures. PLEASE. before our bollex shrivel.

For alpha's sake release us from our skintness ! And forgive me my skins.

thats quite the analogy you came up with there, soaked in the seamon of our dc god's seaman.
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:10 am
quote : #18
Type: PAL
DCH? enlighten me? i know DCS but what is DCH?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:22 am
quote : #19
lozz wrote:
DCH? enlighten me? i know DCS but what is DCH?

dreamcast history
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:35 pm
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
i want to cry, I know he wants to keep its value, but I feel a game like this could spice things up a bit around here in the dc scene. I would really wish people would stop being "collectors" and start being contributers to the dc scene. In my opinion his copy wouldnt really drop in vaule since he would own an original gdr of the game. Where as the people who dowloaded it would just have a backup cdr of the game, his copy would still be one of a kind. I really really really wish this guy would release this. One question though. is that game even good? Well if it is then I pray that one day in the near future he will release it to us. *crosses fingers*
Posted:
Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:29 am
quote : #21
yeh i hate"collectors" . games are meant to be played not left in some display cabinet!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
TheOneFreeman
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:20 pm
quote : #22
I don't see why a game shouldn't be in a display cabinet, games do not have souls.I taped up and hardly ever touch my boxed version of Final Fantasy 7 PC (original release).

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:10 pm
quote : #23
Type: NTSC-U/C
TheOneFreeman wrote:
I don't see why a game shouldn't be in a display cabinet, games do not have souls.I taped up and hardly ever touch my boxed version of Final Fantasy 7 PC (original release).

If you've played Final Fantasy VII, then it's not that big of a deal. But if you bought the game specifically to put it in a case and never, ever touch it, then that's sort of lame. A game is meant to be played. While no one can tell you what is right or wrong to do with things that you've paid for, every game that is kept locked up in a case is another game that is kept away from someone who would actually like to play and enjoy it.

TheOneFreeman
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:56 pm
quote : #24
Oh, I played it. Just I want to preserve the already scratched up disks. One more scratch and Boom! its gone.