Topic: Virtua Cop 2 JP

Page 1 of 1
X
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I'm thinking of buying Virtua Cop 2 (JP) but I had read somewhere that only the official Sega light gun will work, I have a 'Madcatz' one, would that not work? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:38 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
X wrote:
I'm thinking of buying Virtua Cop 2 (JP) but I had read somewhere that only the official Sega light gun will work, I have a 'Madcatz' one, would that not work? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

Yes, I think. Also I have an unofficial dc gun and it works. But I'm using the VC2 from sega smash pack volume 1

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:38 pm
quote : #3
As I understand it, the Official Sega Lightguns only work with Japanese version games--because of Columbine, Sega was hesitant to release lightguns here, as it might have come off as insensitivity. So Madcatz was contracted by Sega to make replacements, which are very similar to the official guns. Your Madcatz gun should work with a JP version Virtua Cop 2...but not the other way around.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the standalone JP version of VC2 is any different than the one included in the Sega Smash Pack?
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:06 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I almost want to get the JP version instead of the Smash Pack release, because I feel the Smash Pack is tainted with its poor sound emulation for the 16-bit titles.
Posted:
Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:39 am
quote : #5
Tao wrote:
As I understand it, the Official Sega Lightguns only work with Japanese version games--because of Columbine, Sega was hesitant to release lightguns here, as it might have come off as insensitivity. So Madcatz was contracted by Sega to make replacements, which are very similar to the official guns. Your Madcatz gun should work with a JP version Virtua Cop 2...but not the other way around.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the standalone JP version of VC2 is any different than the one included in the Sega Smash Pack?

The Smash Pack and Japanese versions are the same.