Topic: psov1/v2 ?

Page 1 of 2
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
are pso v1 and pso v2 able to play with each other? also ive read about the non-legit players, are they really that big of a problem to where you cant play or are they just people who you just ignore? and do i have to find a sealed version of the game to play online? i sure hope not. i am talking about pal version of course just to avert the subject of unofficial us servers.
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:57 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Version V1 and V2 are both able to play with each other, after the V2 palyer makes a V1 Compatible game.

As for a sealed copy of the game, if you are going to play on V1 then yes, because EU Sega ran out of v1 SNAKs a few years ago.
But for V2 you can buy a opened copy of the game because Sega still has a limited amount of SNAKs remaining.

So if your going the V2 route its recommended that you seek for a sealed version of the game since EU Sega only has so many replacement SNAKs left, and once there gone, there gone.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:44 pm
quote : #3
ok so youre saying that i should try to find a sealed copy of the game so that sega can give the snaks out to more people so that we can have more people online? because i doubt that sega is even supporting this game anymore let alone giving out snaks. i checked ebay and i didnt find a sealed pso pal game of either v1 or v2. i found a lot of sealed ntsc games but that does no good at all. any other places i could look for sealed pal copies?

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:33 pm:

i forgot to ask, how does this game run on dial up? i was wondering if it plays as well as starlancer, i played that for the first time on wednesday and i was amazed how there was no lag on dial up.
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:46 pm
quote : #4
Make sure you look for EU PSO with ebay.co.uk not ebay.com.

PSO usually plays great on 56k and when you do encounter lag, the game just runs in "bullet time" and is still pretty playable.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:05 pm
quote : #5
thanks for the ebay.co.uk tip they have 6 sealed copies under 13 usd, but i ran into some confusion. they dont mention whether they are version 1 or version 2. was there only 1 version for europe on the dreamcast? cause i saw version 2 for the gamecube.
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:09 pm
quote : #6
If your unsure, you could always choose ; Ask The Seller a Question.

But v1 and v2 both came out in europe, look at the covers of the games closely, you should be able to tell both version apart.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:11 pm
quote : #7
that was the fastest reply ever, i didnt expect one till tomorow. but ill check the covers because all the ones i have found dont say version 2 on them which leads me to believe they are version 1. ill check it now.

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:22 pm:

yea id have to say that is version 1 since i did a google image search on pso v2 pal and it came up with different cover and it said v2 on it. i guess ill go with v1for now if they can play with the v2 players but ill keep my eyes out for v2 in case a sealed one happens to come up. i find it odd that there isnt even a single v2 game on there.
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:34 am
quote : #8
A sealed copy under 13 $ is defnitly a PSO v.1.
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:42 pm
quote : #9
yea i finally tracked down a copy of pso v2 that is pal on amazon.co.uk but it would be like 30 dollars which i think is kinda high especially since sealed v1 copies are 13$ and opened v2 ones are 30$. ill see if i cant find a sealed copy and save one of sega's snaks. i wonder how many there are left.
Stadic
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:54 pm
quote : #10
If you can't get a sealed copy... then I sugess just getting the PSO V1 sealed. Thats what I got. We need to save thoes passwords!

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:12 pm
quote : #11
It seems like the mojority of people on PSO are playing on V1, is that the case?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:24 pm
quote : #12
I am on version 1 as well. If you check the PDB's the totals are pretty much even for the amount of people who own v1 or v2. Then again, I havn't gone back and removed non-active users. So when I do that it will change. I take people who havn't posted on the site in 4-5 months out of the PDB's. They are free to come back and add their games of course. However the removal process keeps the lists current and removes people who have left Dreamcast Online and are never coming back.
Posted:
Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:58 pm
quote : #13
Stadic wrote:
If you can't get a sealed copy... then I sugess just getting the PSO V1 sealed. Thats what I got. We need to save thoes passwords!

im gonna have to take your advice and just get one of the sealed psov1 for 2 reasons, 1 being i thought that pretty much had v2 and that i wouldnt be able to play with them on v1, and 2 being that id like for other people to join in on pso by me not taking one of sega's final snaks. id like to figure out just how many snaks there are left if sega is actually still giving them out.
im not gonna be able to get it until im back above 0 so i can transfer money to paypal. since buying something without paypal from a different continent just doesnt sound like it would work too well.
Stadic
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:19 pm
quote : #14
Why not send a money order to simple Simon... thats what I did.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:41 pm
quote : #15
i dont know what exactly simple simon is but anyways money orders dont work when the people selling it are in europe and i am in the united states. i dont really wanna go through trying to get my money converted to euros or whatever it is they use.