Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok, BIG NEWS! Well for me atleast Wink I have the following games on their way!

Giga Wing 2 (NTSC-U/C)
Last Blade 2 (NTSC-U/C)

These games bring me one step closer to completing parts of my Dreamcast collection.

By getting Last Blade 2 I will own every SNK developed fighting game on the Dreamcast. By getting Giga Wing 2, it means I only need Shikigami No Shiro 2, and Twinkle Star Sprites to own every shmup on the Dreamcast (yes I own every other shmup on the dc, still shocks me just thinking about it).

Ok so, the cool thing is, when I get Twinkle Star Sprites and Shikigami no Shiro 2, I will own every shmup AND every SNK game on the DC.

I am saving Shiki 2 for last because I already own 2 copies of the PS2 release.

Last edited by lordnikon on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:34 pm
quote : #2
Lol I can see you are having some fun lordnikon! Very Happy Hope you grabbed some good buys there, and good luck on your, um quest! Laughing Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:01 pm
quote : #3
It is a goal that I never thought I would achieve, at least any time soon. I bought all of my shooters with the idea that if I didn't buy them right now, I would be screwed later on. In many cases this was true. Especially with Border Down. I look at all games and still cannot believe I actually own them.

Last Blade 2 cost me $27.00
Giga Wing 2 cost me $35.25

I will take pictures of my complete SNK fighters collection, and my shmups collection so far, as soon as these games arrive.
Posted:
Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:51 pm
quote : #4
I hope you find Twinkle Star Sprites for a reasonable price. I don't think I've ever seen the game go for less than seventy or eighty dollars (although I imagine the price won't get any lower).

Great that you got LB2, also--hands down, that is one of my favorite SNK fighters ever. The way it plays is so fast and frantic. Smile I scored mine in like-new condition for $20 at a store. Now let's see some pictures!
Posted:
Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 pm
quote : #5
I am aware that I will have to shell out mega bucks for Twinkle Star Sprites. I am not concerned with having to pay the money. I just want to be able to find the game. I am assuming I will still be able to get it within the year before it gets super scarce. I see atleast 1 copy on ebay usually. Shiki 2 I will have to get at full value as well. I might get the LE version, but I havn't decided yet. It would be nice since I do own the Border Down LE release.

Anyways, people wanted pics so here they are Very Happy I have completed my SNK fighter collection! For the uninformed, CVS and CVS2 don't count because they are developed by Capcom. I am close to getting my shmups collection completed, but it will be a while before I can get the other 2 games. Giga Wing 2 was the latest shooter I got, and it turned out being in mint condition. Scored it for around 33 dollars (a steal).

Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:34 am
quote : #6
Awesome! And I thought just getting Mars Matrix was an accomplishment. Very Happy

What's that game above Giga Wing?

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:48 am
quote : #7
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
What's that game above Giga Wing?

Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate. Wink That game has such a steep difficulty curve.
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:50 am
quote : #8
Fuckin sick, especially the shooters...bang bang.
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:51 am
quote : #9
Type: PAL
to say i'am jeleous would be a gross understatement.
unknown
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:40 am
quote : #10
Nice collection.

Don't forget Cool Cool Toon if you want to complete your SNK collection - great game Smile

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:34 pm
quote : #11
I plan to get Cool Cool Toon, but my goal for SNK isn't just to get the complete SNK collection, but the complete SNK NEOGEO collection. Cool Cool Toon was a Dreamcast exclusive game.

When I get Twinkle Star Sprites, it will not only fill in a needed gap in my shmups collection, but also cap off my Dreamcast NEOGEO collection. All of the SNK fighters + Twinkle Star Sprites = DC NEO collection.

Just for fun here is how much I spent to get these games, including shipping and handling:

SNK FIGHTERS = $185.58

SHMUPS = $596.89

All of the import games above were acquired brand new sealed. The domestic US titles, were all purchased used, in mint condition. Except for Giga Wing, which I scored brand new sealed for 11 dollars.
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:54 pm
quote : #12
Total props to you, Nikon. Great job! I'm still looking for Last Blade 2 to round out my SNK collection, and I've just scratched the surface on shmups. You have done well.

Okay, so I've got to ask - when you complete your shmups what's next? Is there any other Dreamcast categories you're ready to tackle?

wink:

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:50 pm
quote : #13
kingofgrills wrote:
Okay, so I've got to ask - when you complete your shmups what's next? Is there any other Dreamcast categories you're ready to tackle?

Not really. I have other stuff I want to purchase of course but nothing that is next in terms of "urgent" collecting. I have all of the hard to find expensive US releases now. So all that is left for me in the US list is scrub games, that are all 10 or less. I am focusing my efforts on japanese releases next, and I have stuff to buy for other consoles. There is not trend though, it is just, a bunch of games with no real link or purpose other than the fact that I want to play them.

I got a lot of critical purchases done over the past 5 months. Right now I could chill and not buy anything if I wanted to. Which is probobly what I am going to do for the next month or 2.
Posted:
Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:44 am
quote : #14
Shocked Shocked
Man I don't like you very much! Haha man thats insane. Razz Maybe if I get enough rare game I'll take some pics.