Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
theChamp1219
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
every time i go on quake3, ill be playing a game with a DC player then all of a sudden a PC user joins and starts raping us.
i mean the fun was gone right then a there because everytime we would spawn we would die.

what iam asking: is there a way we can block pc users from coming in? or be able to make a DC game with a password?
cause the pc players are going to kill 24 quake night.

oh and i ask a pc player "why dont you play with pc players......." then he said "its not fun then....."

if we can make a game or something on gamespy and put a password on it would that work?? we could have are private game and password.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:11 pm
quote : #2
there are servers that require passwords but i have no idea how to make one so that you make one with a password. and yea the pc players that play against dc players do it because they arent good enough to play with the pc players. if you want a match in which your opponent stands no chance do single player mode on i can win. i hope i can make some of 24 hour quake night.
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:54 am
quote : #3
If they dont leave - spectate or change 2 a team server.
Posted:
Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:41 pm
quote : #4
ok cool, i guess the main thing is to wait. but yeah if we can be able to kick or spectate the pc users that would be great.

p.s i hope you all have fun on 24 quake night.....and if you cant make it on right way just post a time that you will be on. we can work something out. but yeah iam going to be on some during the day, but ill be on for the whole night.

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:20 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
You can call a vote to kick the player but on 4 player servers its not nice to do (If the server allows voting)

;callvote kick playernamehere or ID

I have a passworded server beside the public one , if you want the password you can write me a pm . But i havent figured out how to connect to a passworded server directly from the masterlist ... Only know how to do so if you ar allready in a game ..
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:30 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
If players want to play only with Dreamcast users, the best way to accomplish this is to have you or someone you know run a Dreamcast focused server. Passwording the game might help, for playing with friends. Running a mod like "noghost" to use a server intro message to inform incoming players that the server is for Dreamcast Users only, would be a wise idea if you are planning to have your server public.

To connect to a passworded server on the Dreamcast, you need to enable the command console to open at anytime. To do this enter the command:

;raster 1

The raster command will allow you to open the command console anywhere. I believe you can even open it during loading screens if I recall.

Then when you want to connect to a passworded server enter this at the master list, via the command console (can also be done when playing in another server):

;CONNECT IPaddress:port ;password "gamepasswordhere"
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:24 pm
quote : #7
Ok im running a password protected server so we can test this & see how well it works.

servername " [*]Freakys ProArena[*] "
server ip " 86.18.94.58:27951 "
server gametype " vanilla promode ffa "

server password " letmein "
callvote password " letmevote "
referee password " letmeref "

as lordnikon said you would have to type " ;password letmein " into the console while the map is loading to gain access to the server.
callvote & referee passwords are optional but you can learn how to use these by typing " ;help " into the console window once you have entered the server.

ps, i forgot to mention there is another way to block players by only allowing specific ip addresses to connect using the command " g_filterban ", although im not sure how effective this would be for dreamcast as im guessing the ip addresses on most dc players change on 33k & 56k modems.
Posted:
Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:13 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
got-freaky? wrote:
as lordnikon said you would have to type " ;password letmein " into the console while the map is loading to gain access to the server.

Nah you don't have to enter it while the map is loading. Wink I was merely saying that using the raster command allows you to open the command console at virtually any screen you wish. You can even open it at the start menu. However you have to start up an offline game, or join and online game, and enter the raster command first in order to be able to access the console where ever you want.

The ideal screen to connect to a passworded server is when you are at the MasterList. Since you can view the server information you want to connect to via the info screen, and type it into the command console.