Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:53 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I love that game. It's so simple, but loads of fun. I used to think it was really hard, but after playing it so many times, it's gotten pretty easy, yet still just as much fun.

I leave my genesis at my grandmothers so i have something to do when I visit. I'll probably be playing it again this christmas with my uncle. He can never get past the second stage where you have to jump on the backs of the clucks to get up the pressure-steamer shooter thingies. He just spends hours killing clucks, trying to time the jump just right.

Anyway, anyone else ever play this game? I highly recommend it if you like pinball or sonic games.
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:20 pm
quote : #2
ahhhh I remeber that game....people thought it was shit..but when i played i was like ,"wtf?? this is tight as hell!" I think I still have it but I don't know.....

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:30 pm
quote : #3
I liked the game a lot, but I guess it's not the typical sonic game. I remember when I was playing sonic 2, I would just play the gambling stages over and over again, as long as possible. Then at like the 9:00 minute mark, I raced ahead to try and finish before I ran out of time. I kept hoping another spinball game would be made. This one is just too short now that I know exactly what to do.
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:43 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Hey i bought a megadrive about 3 years ago and my friend dished his out of the loft.
We would go to the car boot like every week with only a few quid,
and come back with like 10 games or more.
Between us we got all the sonic games.
Spinball was my fave Very Happy I played it for hours but never completed it.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Gforce
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:40 pm
quote : #5
Never did play this with the fast speed on either. And also...does anybody remeber that plane stage demo that would play if you let the game sit?? I swear I never could figure out if there was a way to play that stage.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:26 pm
quote : #6
Gforce wrote:
Never did play this with the fast speed on either. And also...does anybody remeber that plane stage demo that would play if you let the game sit?? I swear I never could figure out if there was a way to play that stage.

I've never heard of that before. I don't think I've ever let the game sit for a long time at the title screen though.

You should try it on fast. When I played it last, it was on fast. I can't really remember what the difference is though, it's been too long.
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:50 pm
quote : #7
Type: Pal
Wow look what the asking price is for the Ltd edition of this game.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sonic-Spinball-RARE-SILVER-LTD-EDT-Sega-Master-System_W0QQitemZ320339456091QQc mdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item320339456091&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparm s=72%3A1701|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

Also note this seller is clearing his stock of sega stuff.

WARNING: Even though thats an Ebay page there is some weird script it my PC does not like.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:22 pm
quote : #8
no thanks. i'm happy with playing what i already have. I didnt even know there was a collectors edition. maybe theres something different/extra?