Previous  1, 2
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:37 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: PAL
I agree! All the game is amazing. One of the things I most like about the game is the battle system, its very dinamic and requires a bit of strategy. The graphics and sound (all made by the Saturn internal sound chip) were top for its time, even today (I think since have played it some years ago) the game is very beautiful with some fantastic zones. I want to replay it again soon.

This games like PDS, Nights, Burning Rangers, Shining Force III, became cult games not because of it rarity only but because they are amazing games, shame so few people have played them. But that's everybody fault really, its sad that so great and original games don't get the attention they deserve...

Something that has happen with Dreamcast too, amazing console well ahead of its time and so few supported it Neutral .
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:51 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well it is very easy to understand why many people have not played Panzer Dragoon Saga. The game is very expensive, and for a system that not many people own. For the average person 125.00-175.00 can buy a LOT of video games, and is usually someones game budget for a 6 month timespan.

Trying to convince someone to buy Panzer Dragoon Saga is a really tough sell.

Also I want to point out that having played through this game, I can say that you definatly need to be able to read the text. The japanese version of Panzer Dragoon Saga is cheaper, but without text in your native language, you will have hard time playing this game without the aid of a methodical translation guide.

I still have to re-terate though, that there is a payoff here after saving up to buy this game. It is an incredible experience that will get you hooked from day you start playing. Watch all of the cut-scenes and read all of the text. Take your time and don't miss anything. This is a very special game.

Also it is advised that you play through both the original Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Zwei before starting Saga.
Posted:
Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:01 pm
quote : #18
Well I meant to say that its a shame people don't give a chance to this games when they are released...And not many people owned Saturn because they don't give a chance to this great games. Most of the people prefer to buy FIFA Soccer or Madden NFL etc every year instead. Now of course it very expensive even more for the PAL version. Its still worth though for people that like to experience fantastic adventures.
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:25 pm
quote : #19
Starwalker wrote:
Well I meant to say that its a shame people don't give a chance to this games when they are released...And not many people owned Saturn because they don't give a chance to this great games.

I don't think that that was case at the time. I remember the Saturn being much more expensive than it's rivals at the time, which may or may not have been a factor in peoples decision not to buy.

On PDS...

Does this game get better as you play through?
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:23 pm
quote : #20
Hmm, I think the game is interesting from start to finish. The story gets more interesting as you progress and the locations in the world get more beautifull as progress too, from what I remember.

The Saturn when was not at same price was a little bit more expensive. But this just show how people don't think much and buy what is cheaper at the 1st glace but maybe expensive when they realise. While Saturn had internal memory with capability to handle many saves, with PSX everybody had to buy at least 1 expensive memory card with only 15 blocks sooner or later...
rank 87
Posted:
Tue May 15, 2007 11:14 pm
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
mcmonkey wrote:
On PDS...

Does this game get better as you play through?

Yes, this game gets better and better. There are huge twists and turns to the story line. I don't want to give any more information than that. Lets just say there are wow moments in relation to the story that you must experience.

I am now 17 hours into the game, and just started Disc 4. This game now ranks as one of my favorite games of all time.

I also feel the graphics in this game are incredible.