Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
JKP
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
To play Virtual on, can I hook up a Japanese DC to a U.S DC?

Secondly, can I hook up 2 same region Dreamcasts with one running the Japanese (bootdisked) version of the game and the other with an American version of the game? What are the combinations If not?

Alright, thanks.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:10 pm
quote : #2
as for hooking a japanese with an american dreamcast i dont see why not since people on this website are doing this to play with each other online except its european dreamcast with american ones and it seems to work for every game (all players use the same version of the game). as for an american version of the game with the japanese version of the game im not sure, the two could have differences that make them incompitable with each other, or there is just some reason i dont know about.
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:21 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
im wondering about some thing like this too does any one know if i can use aero dancing (f) with my US areo wings 2 .dancing has vs cable and wings does not. is it posible to use the vs cable like this. i dont want to buy to imports for a link if i dont have to. i have my doubts that is can.
Posted:
Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:09 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
gary_b wrote:
im wondering about some thing like this too does any one know if i can use aero dancing (f) with my US areo wings 2 .dancing has vs cable and wings does not. is it posible to use the vs cable like this. i dont want to buy to imports for a link if i dont have to. i have my doubts that is can.

If areo wings 2 hasn't the vs cable option, then you can't.

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:33 am
quote : #5
I've been reliably informed on this site that the best option is to make a back-up of the game which has the function.

The japanese version of Aerodancing is also VGA enabled - unlike the Pal version.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:19 am
quote : #6
SNK 47 wrote:
I've been reliably informed on this site that the best option is to make a back-up of the game which has the function.

The japanese version of Aerodancing is also VGA enabled - unlike the Pal version.
i dont know hwo to back up my games ive tryed. and i dont have pal i have areo wings one and two USA and they are both VGA games. what im wondering is will the JP link screen on dancing conect with my USA nonlink game as in is the code some how still in the united states soft wear.
Posted:
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:21 am
quote : #7
The US versions of Aero Dancing (known as Aero Wings) are now compatible. Only the Japanese versions.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist.php

See the Online Game List which shows all of the compatible VS Cable titles.
Posted:
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:32 am
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
The US versions of Aero Dancing (known as Aero Wings) are now compatible. Only the Japanese versions.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist.php

See the Online Game List which shows all of the compatible VS Cable titles.
ive seen the list from all the titles JP and pal as well as US this i know but i was hoping that my US game could link with the JP if i set the JP one up and conect it to my US one .i guess not
Posted:
Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:02 pm
quote : #9
gary_b wrote:
SNK 47 wrote:

i dont know hwo to back up my games ive tryed. and i dont have pal i have areo wings one and two USA and they are both VGA games. what im wondering is will the JP link screen on dancing conect with my USA nonlink game as in is the code some how still in the united states soft wear.

I can't backup games either. Your best options are either to download off a torrent site, or get someone else to do it for you-that's what I did ! I'm sure someone in the scene would be willing for a couple of dollars ?.

Good luck.