1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:41 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Earlier today i recalled that, about this time last year we had a quake comp. I think it was (very well) set up by lozz and was won by a certain someone.....

So I was thinking that we could maybe make this an annual thing, and maybe even have it in conjunction with other DC sites/communities/or any other community sites that are willing. We could even do some team based events aswell this time.

So you guys think it would be good fun thing to do?

You wanna give the champ a run for his money?

lets do it or the kitty gets it !!

Lets face it if you don't, you quite obviously hate freedom....

((if we were to do it, would anyone be willing to help with organising?))
EDIT.2

decided to put info's here to make things a bit easier for people.

Quote:
This will be a 2 on 2 team deathmatch tourney!!

Submision

what we need is: your quake team name
your quake names
your email
your time zone (gmt)
include if your using a 33k/56k modem or bba
and finaly wiether your using KB+M or Pad (this wont effect how your group'd, its just useful to know).

it'll start when i think we have enough teams Razz

get practicing! Twisted Evil

EDIT 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706 79
8214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111745028410270193852110555964462294895493038196

Quote:
I'd now like to tell you all that I will stop taking names this friday
So anyone wanting to participate but don't have a partner must hurry!!

Cool

Last edited by mcmonkey on Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:10 pm
quote : #2
Yes!
great idea. I'd love to help out with organising (if thats ok)
We could ask at:

Dreamcast scene - www.dreamcast-scene.com
Dc forums - www.dcforums.co.uk
Dcarena - www.dcarena.de

oh and btw Your goin down! Evil or Very Mad Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:16 pm
quote : #3
lozz wrote:
Yes!
great idea. I'd love to help out with organising (if thats ok)

guh'reat!!

lozz wrote:
We could ask at:

Dreamcast scene - www.dreamcast-scene.com
Dc forums - www.dcforums.co.luk
Dcarena - www.dcarena.de

yeh i was thinking them too. I was also thinking that some of the chaps at penny-arcade might wana play aswell, but i think we need to come up with some idea's/support here first.

lozz wrote:
oh and btw Your goin down! Evil or Very Mad Mr. Green

hehe, i was lucky to win last time (you can thank grub for letting me through).
rank 40
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:08 pm
quote : #4
Grube votes yes Smile
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:40 pm
quote : #5
im so game, when you had that link to who was the winner i thought it was gonna be grubensau for sure.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:43 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
I can't compete unfortunatly: Research + Work + Client Work (yes thats work x 2) + Online games going offline that I have to play before they die + trying to get a Dreamcast Mag on gamecube before the Xmas even goes down... sooo.... yea I am swamped :/

Though, I can run the page for the tournament like I did last year.

I would just recommend be logical about how its run.

1. Sign-ups
2. Teams
3. Rules

etc etc

(Dreamcast Console only tourney right?)

I think the best move for scheduling is to do the same thing you guys did last year. Where the players that are paired for competition find time on their own to meet up and then send in the results. That seems to work best as it is rare that everyone is available for meeting at the same time.

Once more info comes in I can feature it on the Front Page like we did last year :]
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:47 pm
quote : #7
i think it would definitly be best if it was a dreamcast only tourny since pc's have the upperhand since they all have high speed and they have something else that i cant explain that makes them kill you easier, and they have mouse and keyboard and some people on dreamcast dont. its not really my say but thats what i think about having pc's in our tourney
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:21 pm
quote : #8
@Nikon: Yeah, its a DC only comp, and a tourney page would be very nice Smile

I think rules/game type would be best done first, cus' everything else is alot less hastle (for me anyway tee hee). When rules and stuff are decided i would imagine some threads will be made on some other sites so we can get a decent amount o' peoples.

This tourney should liven the place up, winter has a habit of quieting things down on this site it seems.

@Lozz: I was thinking that maybe this years tourney should be team based, good ole' 2 on 2 sounds a hoot to me. Be expecting some pm's from me.
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:13 pm
quote : #9
getting some ctf in there would make this all the better, im able to help out on stuff for getting this set up if there is anything i can do or help do.
JTxBallAx
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:17 pm
quote : #10
well guys i guess ill be joining in for some frags this winter as to last winter i didnt have this game sadly but ill be looking forward to it this year Razz and for the whole team thing im down with it Wink hope to see you guys soon. johnny Mr. Green
Xbox live: JTKallDay
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:52 am
quote : #11
mrandyk wrote:
im so game, when you had that link to who was the winner i thought it was gonna be grubensau for sure.

I used a bba mouse and kb and I knew MCmonkey was playing with the pad - thats why I thought it would be much more fair if roman and monkey handle it out. Smile
This year Im not holding myself back - special when it comes 2 teamgames.
Posted:
Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:30 pm
quote : #12
I must stress, if anyone plans to compete, you cannot "forfeit" after finishing a tournament match. If you finish a match, and a final score is tabulated, then your score stands. Also, not losing on purpose either. Don't get 29 kills, and then lose for the rest of the match.

I say this because it makes it hard on me when setting up the brackets as the tournament goes forward.

If you guys want to impliment some sort of handicap rule for play, that is fine. However this could easily be exploited as I have seen some Pad players who are about as good as Mouse and Keyboard players.

In my opinion it would be best to let chips fall where they may, and those who are playing with a Pad would obviously get more community respect if they put up decent numbers but don't progress very far.
Posted:
Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:41 pm
quote : #13
so would the bracket go by something random like drawing names out of a hat? or possibly by who has a pad, mouse+keyboard, bba? id really have to agree on that no foreit rule because of how much that could screw up an entire tournament, any idea when this winter the tourney is gonna start?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:12 pm
quote : #14
Not sure about how people would get paired. That is up to everyone else. I should stress that I can't run this tournament and can just lend advice and run the page that has the results and tournament information that other people come up with.
Posted:
Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:35 pm
quote : #15
i was thinking that pairs of players could sign up together as a team, I have some rule idea's but i think i'll wait to reveal 'em.