Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
warbandit
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:34 pm
quote : #46
profile : pm
I'd like to play =). but.......I havent been online yet.....just started since I finally figured out how to make illegal copies of games (thanks to your site actually, I use mac). anyhow, I'm buying the real copy of quake 3, and anything to get me hooked up, but if anyone could help me find one for cheap, I'd pay the money, just maybe would need help to find fair prices and stuff. I think I can hook up by 56k modem, or at the very least 33k. anyhow, I'd probably be late for this, but besides that, I could play with you guys after words because dreamcast rocks =P. and umm, yeah, thats all =D
Posted:
Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:04 pm
quote : #47
check either ebay or amazon, im not sure what cheap is to you but ive gotten one for about 13 dollars including shipping. not sure if you could find one for that cheap though, and yes the dreamcast does indeed rock.
monkeeman3
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
quote : #48
We are in, we have at least four of us to play between myself, Bob Dobbs, Carnage and Radkin. We need to know when and what server being we have connection troubles on the German servers.

Regards,
monkeeman3

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:33 pm
quote : #49
you should post who is in what team, what the team names are, timezones, email adress, 33k 56k or bba, and kb+m or pad. good to hear that we should have 4 more players in our tourney.

Posted Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:30 pm:

i posted this tournament at planetdreamcast and dreamcast scene, id do more but its late so ill just do some more tomorrow.
warbandit
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:10 pm
quote : #50
ohh, what is the difference between pad and.....yeah, basically I played dreamcast with friends online and never really had lingo like that said around me, just played offline at home and online at other places, so if you can clear those up, then I can specify that if I get an adaptor in time =).

EDIT: ohh, cheap to me is anything under 20, possibly 30.
Posted:
Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:19 pm
quote : #51
kb+m=keyboard and mouse, pad is the controller, with the buttons and the stick. not sure what other lingo you could possible be stuck on besides time zones, and possibly the 33k 56k bba. for time zone click game organization at the top of the page and make sure that the clock there matches your clock in your time zone, if it doesnt change in you profile what time zone you are for example im in the central time zone in the united states which is gmt-6. and about the 33k 56k bba thing in case you dont know what im talking about, pal/european dreamcasts have a 33k modem built in, ntsc/north american dreamcasts have a 56k modem built in, and bba is a broadband adaptor. also i managed to spread the word to 2 more sites, gamefaqs and dcemulation.com
GyroVorbis
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:02 pm
quote : #52
Hey guys, I'm a DCDevver from over at DCemulation.com. I play US Q3A with either dial-up or BBA. Count me in. Very Happy
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:11 pm
quote : #53
Type: PAL
GyroVorbis wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a DCDevver from over at DCemulation.com. I play US Q3A with either dial-up or BBA. Count me in. Very Happy

well find yourself a partner n' your in Smile
rank 40
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:41 pm
quote : #54
monkeeman3 wrote:
We are in, we have at least four of us to play between myself, Bob Dobbs, Carnage and Radkin. We need to know when and what server being we have connection troubles on the German servers.

Regards,
monkeeman3

Welcome Razz - I guess this is dreamcast only, from what I know only radkin is playing the right baby - sorry.

@GyroVorbis - Fallout is looking for a team member. Pm him - Im sure he is nice enough 2 stay with you.

@Warbandit - for 20 - 30 you ll get 2-3 game discs. Check ebay.com - quake III is avaible for around 15,- inc. shipping.
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:03 pm
quote : #55
TEAM WANK

Lozz and Mcmonkey join together to create the ultimate, all british, fragging machine, TEAM WANK!
Pip pip!

Mcmonkey

Quake name: McmonkeyDC
Email: bradwellsammy@hotmail.com
Connection: 33.3k
Control: Pad

Lozz

Quake name: Lozz
Email: Lozzhaha@hotmail.com
Connection: 56k
Control: KB+Mouse

Bring it on Twisted Evil Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:08 pm
quote : #56
Type: NTSC-U/C
If I was competing I would find a partner and be on Team YANK Wink
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:35 pm
quote : #57
lordnikon wrote:
If I was competing I would find a partner and be on Team YANK Wink

that sounds painful...
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:58 pm
quote : #58
Type: NTSC-U/C
It was a joke playing on the fact that I have heard many UK people call Americans "Yankees" or "Yanks" Laughing
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:27 pm
quote : #59
GyroVorbis wrote:

well i managed to get one person to come to this tournament Very Happy my spreading the news wont be a complete failure!
edit: got it on dcforums, i tried posting this tournament at dcnews but it wont let me register cause they dont send me the email i need, and i asked grube to post it at dcarena as he is a member and speaks their language. anyone got anymore sites to post this at?

Last edited by mrandyk on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:33 pm
quote : #60
lordnikon wrote:
It was a joke playing on the fact that I have heard many UK people call Americans "Yankees" or "Yanks" Laughing

yeh i understood that, i was mearly refering to your amusing idea for a team name in the context of mine and lozz's team name (any brittish people reading this should understand and hopefully laugh...).

heheheeheheheheheehheheheehehhehehehehehhehehehehehhhehe
anyhoo back on subject...