Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:29 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is some very upseting news. There isn't much in the way of rpg's that compare with playing on the sega servers with my legit friends around the world. This might explaine why sega europe never sent me new SNAKS, but who knows.

I know for sure that I wont be playing PSU, as I find the single player to be very boring and tedious, and the online play being way too expensive for me to justify.

See you guys on ragol.

peace,

King.
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:52 pm
quote : #17
lordnikon wrote:
Yea I think people should get online during Xmas for sure to get pictures taken with the Christmas decorations on DC PSO. I know I will. (DaMan I promise!! I promise!!! hehe)

Also, it is interesting to know that PAL Dreamcast PSO will have been online for 3 years and 3 months after the US version was originally terminated. Most of us figured it would be terminated sooner than that. So I guess I am gratefull it has been up as long as it has.

I do have a sneaking suspicion about these server terminations. My current theory is that Sega is terminating the games to force users to migrate over to Phantasy Star Universe. It hasn't been selling well (Amazon slashed its price to 19.99), and the fact that there are still hundreds of people playing GameCube PSO in Japan, makes me think Sega is pulling an Electronic Arts here.

For shame... For shame...

That makes perfect sense. To bad they have to go to such extreme measures though. Sad

TheOneFreeman
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:44 pm
quote : #18
Say it ain't so....Never got to play PSO online.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:35 am
quote : #19
Type: PAL
It means no more Online Games for Japan Neutral

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:21 am
quote : #20
Yes, a good observation JKKDARK. There will be no more Japanese releases that can be played online after March of 2007. However, there are still the system link titles for local play, and the numerous games that take advantage of download content. So Japanese releases will still play a good sized role in the multi-faceted experience of the Dreamcasts network capabilities.
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:08 am
quote : #21
This was sad but inevitable news. I must say that I am truly grateful we were given the opportunity to play on official servers for this long after the Dreamcast console's official retail life span. Purchasing the PAL version a couple of years ago kept the door open a lot longer than I thought it might.

No need to worry though. As Nikon stated, I'm sure there will be a good option for legit games.

How are my little crackers doing today?
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 am
quote : #22
TheOneFreeman wrote:
Say it ain't so....Never got to play PSO online.

its not too late, there are still 4 1/2 months for you to play online if you want to.
medicman4444
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:37 am
quote : #23
Starwalker wrote:
About the GC version is harder to understand because people had to make a big investment to play the game. Though probably not may people played it now, except for the Japanese people; Episode III is an exclusive GC title but only a few people play it anyway. So it’s sad to know that they will close, but this had to happen sooner or later, at least they told us when.

i have to say i have spent soo much money trying to get my gc version online and i finaly got a bank card to pay for it and it took the money and rejected my ep 1&2 account codes -.- and no reply from sega and i guess this is why -.-

oh well i am free each weekend from 1AM sat till 3 AM monday for anyone just pm or email me at
medicman4444@gmail.com

good luck ppl

meddy out
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:52 pm
quote : #24
SAd news. But it shouldn't take too much planning to organise future fixes.

Maybe it will encourage fans of the game to play the Dreamcast single player rpg's such as Grandia 2, SOA, Evolution, EGG, Silver, in it's place ?.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:25 pm
quote : #25
I don't know. I already finished all these games that you said Very Happy But PSO is different, it hasn't a good storyline like the other rpg's like grandia, final fantasy, dragon quest or skies of arcadia. For me, the PSO single player mode is useless, I don't enjoy it.

SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:01 pm
quote : #26
Well done you.

medicman4444
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:02 pm
quote : #27
SNK 47 wrote:

Maybe it will encourage fans of the game to play the Dreamcast single player rpg's such as Grandia 2, SOA, Evolution, EGG, Silver, in it's place ?.

there are other games 0.o

i must look for these....so whitych ones where releaced in PAL ??? and can i srtill find them?
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:03 pm
quote : #28
medicman4444 wrote:
SNK 47 wrote:

there are other games 0.o

i must look for these....so whitych ones where releaced in PAL ??? and can i srtill find them?

THey are all available as PAL releases. Check boot sales, DC sites and ebay i guess.

Yes there are other games(tut tut).

Apparently there are other consoles out there. Malicious rumors and lies, damned lies.

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:28 am
quote : #29
I'm sorry for you loyal PSO players!

I know how bad I felt when F355 went offline. It's gut-wrenching!

Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:15 pm
quote : #30
This reminds me of the day I knew the Shenmue Passport site would be closed... before I ever had the chance to use it. My parents wouldn't let me use the internet.

Now things are different. I'll enjoy as much as I can until the servers are closed.

See you online.