1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
In 2003 I purchased my first Dreamcast BBA. For the longest time I have wanted to acquire another one for research, and for local network gameplay. It sure will be cool to run a Dreamcast Quake 3 LAN!

grubensau, if you are out there, now I am like you and have multiple BBA's finally :] hehe
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:16 am
quote : #2
Congrats Nikon.

I recently sold my BBA.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:15 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Damn there was two on ebay.co.uk recently. I still don't have enough cash Crying or Very sad .
However xmas is soon.
Hopefully i will have enough money after.
I've been on the waiting list for 2 years Laughing
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:22 pm
quote : #4
You guys are going to hate me when you see what I got though... and how much I paid.

I paid 214.00 total (yes after SH)

And this is what I paid for:

Included Hardware:

- Sega Dreamcast System
- Official Dreamcast Broadband Adapter
- 3 Dreamcast Controllers
- Official Dreamcast Mouse & Keyboard
- 1 Performance Rumble Pack
- 1 Official Dreamcast Jump Pack
- 4 Dreamcast VMU Memory Cards
- 1 official 4x VMU Memory Card
- 1 Nexus 4MB Memory Card
- Power Cable & S-Video VGA Cable

Included Games:

- Sonic Adventure (complete)
- ChuChu Rocket (complete)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (complete)
- Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (Disc Only)
- Gundam Side Story 0079 (complete)
- Jet Grind Radio (complete)
- Bangai-O (complete)
- Sonic Shuffle (complete)
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:27 pm
quote : #5
Wow, nice bundle. Gundam, Bangai-O, JoJo and Shuffle could run you up close to $75 (with shipping included) on a bad day. The hardware lot by itself, another $50 or so, so it's almost like you got the BBA for $90, which is an incredible deal. Very Happy

I can't hate you though since I know you'll put it all to good use. Wink

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:36 pm
quote : #6
stop hoarding the bbas! lol. i wish i could have high speed internet but no i have to live 15 miles away from town (satelite costs way too much). did you buy that on ebay? cause if you did i think i saw that auction while trying to see how much bbas are going for.
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:41 pm
quote : #7
Damn, That's a great price you got for that bundle.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:42 pm
quote : #8
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Wow, nice bundle. Gundam, Bangai-O, JoJo and Shuffle could run you up close to $75 (with shipping included) on a bad day. The hardware lot by itself, another $50 or so, so it's almost like you got the BBA for $90, which is an incredible deal. :D

I can't hate you though since I know you'll put it all to good use. ;)

Actually the prices you gave are not entirely accurate. Maybe 3 years ago when Dreamcast stuff could be found for next to nothing. However Dreamcast consoles alone today run around 35-40. You can no longer score them for 10 dollars like you used to. Here is a rundown on the average going market rate for the hardware, minus the BBA:

35 - Sega Dreamcast System
6 ea (18) - 3 Dreamcast Controllers
5 ea (10) - Official Dreamcast Mouse & Keyboard
4 - 1 Performance Rumble Pack
5 - 1 Official Dreamcast Jump Pack
4 ea (16) - 4 Dreamcast VMU Memory Cards
15 - 1 official 4x VMU Memory Card
10 - 1 Nexus 4MB Memory Card
4ea (8) - Power Cable & S-Video VGA Cable

Right there that is $121.00

On top of that, you have to factor in shipping and handling. So that is an additional 4 dollars per item on average. So then start to factor in the games and their SH, and then the BBA... I made out with a ton of goods here. Paying far less than if had I bought them individually. Dealing with routers and other users network connections can get in the way. Having a pure local development environment is much more efficient.

This isn't to say that the seller didn't get the right amount of money. Sure for me it was an amazing deal since I got all of these goods at a decent price, but the seller would have had to wait months to clear 300.00 for all of the above. Do you know how long it takes to sell 1 VMU on ebay? It could sit up there for months. Instead he was able to liquidate all of the goods at once. Less work involved, 1 shipment, and he gets a stack of money right away. So it really works out for both parties involved.

In the end I am pretty excited about this order though, and was really glad I spotted it. The seller sounds like he will be packaging it nice, and he had tons of images posted in his auction. All of the materials look to be in superb condition.

Also, yes Dreamcast ™ I will most definatly be putting the second BBA to good use. It will allow me to test out all types of things locally without requiring another user across the net to test with.
mrandyk wrote:
stop hoarding the bbas! lol. i wish i could have high speed internet but no i have to live 15 miles away from town (satelite costs way too much). did you buy that on ebay? cause if you did i think i saw that auction while trying to see how much bbas are going for.

Yes I did get it on ebay :]

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:44 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
It sure will be cool to run a Dreamcast Quake 3 LAN!

grubensau, if you are out there, now I am like you and have multiple BBA's finally :] hehe

I hear you Nikon Razz - congras - thats a deal. Please dont hate me - I still own the equipment 2 set a fully quake lan - my only prob right now is I havent enough space. Im sure the time will come when I can hook all my stuff into the garage - Grub's Playground Smile
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:45 pm
quote : #10
Grub: I hope only temporarily in the Garage. Weather (moisture) doesn't play nice with electronics!
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:49 pm
quote : #11
im just curious but exactly what research is there to be done on a bba?
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:36 pm
quote : #12
Well congrats on that good deal! I finally bought a new VGA today for a 10 dollar bill at the game x change! Man those guys can find just about anything I ask for EXCEPT for a BBA or mouse. Evil or Very Mad
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:57 pm
quote : #13
mrandyk wrote:
im just curious but exactly what research is there to be done on a bba?

I am not doing research about the BBA, I am using the BBA for assistance in other research. Also I don't "pre-announce" my projects. I work on them without telling anyone, and then if I find out new information then I inform the community.
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:34 pm
quote : #14
i can understand why you wouldnt tell everyone about your projects before you start cause its hard to work under pressure, i cant wait to hear about what you find out cause im sure id enjoy the results of this research.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:45 pm
quote : #15
Currently I am not really doing anything involving BBA's. My comment about research in the orginal thread was not announcing a project.

A big reason I don't announce or inform anyone of things before-hand is because often times I am investigating a hunch, and its turns out incorrect. I have discovered quite a bit of new correct information over the years. However I have also run into many many many dead ends. I would rather not expose any of you to these as to not lead any of you on.