Page 1 of 1
Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
I had a lv14 HUmar... nothing great, but he was my character. Although the character is still there in my VMU, I lost all the items.

I'm not really sure how this happened, but it probably has something to do with this little program called VMU Tool. I defragmented my VMU (the one where I had my PSO files) and deleted a few other files so I'd have an entire VMU for PSO.

I started an offline game... it worked. I started an online one and could chat for a while without any problem... But yesterday I tried going online again and a very ugly error message came up, saying something about data corruption and that I'd lose my data.

I have a backup dump of my VMU I made before messing with VMU Tool, in my hard disk, but after restoring the original contents of the VMU I still get the same error.

So basically I have a lv14 character and NO weapons and NO meseta. What can I do? I didn't have any *rare* items, but I was pretty happy with my Drain Saber, etc... Should I start from the beginning again? Anyone up for a Normal Forest game online?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:29 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You will be able to find good weapons very very quickly. If the Drain Saber was the main weapon you were using, within another level or so you will start finding Buster's which is the next upgrade from the saber that looks blue. So, I would use your existing character and go on a Forest run, and then caves. You should be able to get a nice setup of gear in 1 run through the forest.

The key is to pick up EVERYTHING you see on the ground if you are playing solo. Then make warps back to the shop and trade in times to build up your cash supply. Check the Armor shop regularly for Armor with 2-4 slots.
Posted:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:52 am
quote : #3
hey im willing to help out.
The same thing has happened to me before.
I have a lvl 44 account which im playin atm, he has plenty of meseta and some spare weps if you need them.
Just PM to sort out a time we can meet up.

Hope this helps, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:36 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:

The key is to pick up EVERYTHING you see on the ground if you are playing solo. Then make warps back to the shop and trade in times to build up your cash supply. Check the Armor shop regularly for Armor with 2-4 slots.

doesnt everyone pick up everything they find? or is this something that just noobs do? cause i pick up everything i find on my guy who is only level 4.
Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:05 pm
quote : #5
Thanks lordnikon for your advice Very Happy

Lozz, it seems we live on similar time zones, so meeting doesn't seem hard. I'll pm you when I can, thanks for helping Very Happy

lo
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:07 pm
quote : #6
@Segata Sanshiro
You can contact me too, if you don't mind playing with a higher level hunter Smile
Call me on Jabber or send me PM.

I am on PSO every day and glad to see some more player.

Greetz
lo_ [ t.r.i.c. ]

K_I_R_E_E_K
unknown
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:12 am
quote : #7
that stupid error also happened to me, i had a double save so no worries, but now i can't get online without deleting stats, teck equip and money

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:30 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U/C
mrandyk wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

doesnt everyone pick up everything they find? or is this something that just noobs do? cause i pick up everything i find on my guy who is only level 4.

Well there is a fine line between picking up most items, and strictly traversing the area collecting everything and making constant shop runs to maximize your money.
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:37 pm
quote : #9
i guess i just pick up all the items i can until im back on pioneer 2 or wherever the town is.