Page 1 of 1
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:12 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, it's that time of year again. Every year at around christmas my family gets together, and we always end up playing this game for hours, trying to beat it. This has been going on basically since the year I got it like 10 years ago at least. I think we've only beaten it 2-3 times and with lots and lots of hours wasted.

It's usually me on a standard controller and my uncle on the menacer. I never really liked the menacer, so thats why I'm on a controller but it is still a lot of fun.

The hardest levels I can remember are the 3rd one, the one with the helicopter, and the final level against the T1000. For the 3rd level, it took us hours of failed attempts to memorize (and write down finally) the order of the HKs flying from left or right. And that helicopter one is insanely hard I think. Somehow it's always me, alone, trying to protect that stupid van. Need really fast reflexes for that level, and one mistake and it's all over.

Anyway, I know this was a popular game for the genesis, probably because of the menacer functions.

Do you think we can beat it this year? We usually do this game and sonic spinball (but I can beat that in a couple of hours). There's also a new PS3 in the house, so I hope we get time to try T2 Arcade Game again.
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:01 am
quote : #2
I used to play that game in the arcades with my dad all the time.

I have it on genesis and play it once in a while. I can NEVER get passed the helicopter.

The genesis port seems to be faithful enough. Such a simple game but it really was probably one of the best light gun games of its time.
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:28 am
quote : #3
I LOVE THAT GAME - I own the menacer and the game was my first arcade shooter. So whenever Im helmet and armed with menacer I get the same fealing like in the arcades. The arcade version had a cool machine gun - shooting the rockets was a blast Smile. In the 3. lvl its important 2 shoot the flying vehicles as fast as you can - dont waste time with the running robots. Shoot blind into helis way and use ur rockets. The T2 arcade unit is the only one which I played through in the arcades. Great game Razz
Posted:
Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:29 am
quote : #4
Well, we never got around to it this year. Weather cut a few days off of the trips for some and I guess we just forgot. I got my genesis and cart back though, so maybe I'll start playing on my own again. I still think that game is impossible alone. I barely get through the 3rd level usually.