lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Rush Rush Rally Racing

There is a brand new commercial game coming from Senile Team (the makers of beats of rage)
The game is called Rush Rush Rally Racing (AKA R4) and is a top down racer (similiar to the likes of micro machines)
The game is going to be published by Goatstore.

This means that in the first quarter of 2007, Goat games will be releasing 3 new games.(Goatgames, Radium, Rush Rush Rally)

Quote:

Rush Rush Rally Racing, or R4, for short, is a true old-school racing game. No sponsored cars, no realistic environments - just plain old fun!

So start burning rubber, let the competition eat your dust, and take to the open road!

Screenshots

http://www.senileteam.com/r4shots.php

Website

http://www.senileteam.com/games.php

Last edited by lozz on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:29 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Cool. It looks good, but I'm not sure about the name and the part in the game that says "RUSH!!!" It looks like it's playing too heavily on San Francisco Rush 2049. I'd like to see a lot more originality with private developments.

Even the cars look slightly similar, though to be fair, a lot of cars have racing stripes.

Edit: And "R4" ? Laughing, so it's a play on San Francisco, Sega Rally, and Ridge Racer. Very Happy

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:09 am
quote : #3
well that looks like a laugh, id like to see moving footage though...
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:28 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
This game is a step in the right direction. It is on par with Feet of Fury, Cool Herders, Maquipai, and Inhabitants from a visual standpoint. The name does remind one of Midway's Rush series, but since the game is a wholly original title, I give it a thumbs up. I like the sprite graphics, and the options / loading screens look great. Hopefuly it won't be "moddable'
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:29 am
quote : #5
looks not bad, I hope they release a demo

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:27 pm
quote : #6
Power drive rally for the jag looksa way better - Im not impressed, but they got my respect.
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:30 pm
quote : #7
Well the game is still in production.
On the senile team forum admin said they are still working on multiplayer modes (2-4 player modes)
I reckon it will be some good multiplayer fun Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:39 pm
quote : #8
lozz wrote:
On the senile team forum admin said they are still working on multiplayer modes (2-4 player modes)

Oh yeah, if they add 4 player mode then I will buy it Very Happy

shoutout33
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:52 pm
quote : #9
I should know better than to ask this...but I will anyway. Is this going to be an online titile?

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:54 pm
quote : #10
shoutout33 wrote:
I should know better than to ask this...but I will anyway. Is this going to be an online titile?

Nope, Rush Rush Rally Racing will only support offline multiplayer.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:02 pm
quote : #11
yes i love top down racers, takes me back to my nes days which were for some reason in the late 90s Confused its always great to see another game being released. this brings up the opportunity for me to ask this question that has been puzzling me for a while, what exactly is the goatstore? it says in the post that they are publishing the game, but its name says its a store so im just confused.
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:58 pm
quote : #12
looks pretty interesting. honestly ill take ANYTHING thats not a shooter at this point.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:27 am
quote : #13
MasterChief wrote:
looks pretty interesting. honestly ill take ANYTHING thats not a shooter at this point.

But shooters is the best way to get official games on Dreamcast, they cost less money Wink

Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:24 pm
quote : #14
It looks like a fun game, and a nice change from the 2D shooter genre. I hope there are some 3D titles in the works, all we've been seeing is 32-bit projects to date (granted 3D games take more time and effort).
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:26 pm
quote : #15
Nightmare a la DC wrote:
It looks like a fun game, and a nice change from the 2D shooter genre. I hope there are some 3D titles in the works, all we've been seeing is 32-bit projects to date (granted 3D games take more time and effort).

I don't think that Under Defeat was a "32-bit project". Did you ever play it?