40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
some of yall need to get this so we can schedule games. i got v2 coming in the mail now Smile so i can play with those few japanese at 10 pm in the US. speaking of the time difference, this would be another nice reason for yall to get it. hell, i had to wake myself at 4 am to play with some people, and i met grub, slayn, and neodredd Smile yall should also get it because at 11 am on saturday there were over 200 ppl in japan and around 50 in eur so its not hard to get a game started, but its way better if u get v2 (i learned the hard way!!) so get it cause that would be cool. my name on there is similar to before "AfroKid~2~"
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:04 am
quote : #2
Ordered this log ago, and so did idrepublix. I tried Schduler a big event for it last Satuday, and it turned out to be nothing. I orginally had asked 4 people to come, only one could make it (esk) and only had time for a card swap and a quick character battle. People just had other things to do and other problems.

But getting PSO PAL isn't so easy...finding it on websites is hard, adn if you don't do eBay, then you're gonna have a real hard time finding it. And if you don't have acredit card...sorry, you're gonna have to keep your fingers crossed for an auction that takes money orders.

ORtrail
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:52 am
quote : #3
I've got a copy of PSO ver 2 PAL on its way. Got it off Ebay of course. Brand new, and supposed to come with Dreambrowser 3.0 too. It came out to $41 with shipping, but with no monthly fee, it is worth it.

Amazing how this game, even after I think I've had enough, sucks me back in after a couple months. I've put in 250+ hours on various characters between the DC and Xbox versions. Only my playing NFL football has even come close to those kind of numbers.

I'd expect to see my copy by the end of the week or early next, so I'll let you guys know the details later.

Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:53 pm
quote : #4
ummmm....... ur the bum cant u see there was already another topic about this with the same exact poll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:27 pm
quote : #5
stfu and anyway its cool because the servers have christmas trees cause its the holiday season
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:51 pm
quote : #6
Man, I want to see that! Im going to try to get it soon. Well sense I was only on the Dreamcast for a short time what other events do the DC servers do?

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:54 pm
quote : #7
please look at this i need your help. someone has has to run into this problem before!!! http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=733
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:45 am
quote : #8
Just got my Euro PAL PSO ver. 2 copy today! Got it booted up with my Gameshark CD and got my HUcast up to level 8 with a couple hours of playing. Funny how fast time goes when you are starting a new character in this game. Just one more level... I'll just finish Caves level 2... and on and on. Smile

Anyway, the big test will be getting online with the Euro servers, but I'll be trying that tomorrow afternoon I think. If you run across a HUcast named "KnightMare" be sure to say "Hello". Any donations of rare items will be graciously accepted. LOL.

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:18 pm
quote : #9
So if i get pso ver. 2 pal version i can play it here in the united states and i wont have to pay a fee? if so let me know cus ill get it asap. i miss pso so much dang. im even on the pso disc now surfing this site thx to the post about how to open up url box. any info would be helpful thankx
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:58 pm
quote : #10
Yea, indeed. If you can find a PAL PSO game disc that is not used (good luck), you can connect and play online no fee. Not even on PSO v2. If you are having troubles with the game, email Sega of Europe about it, they're pretty cool about PSO and whatnot.

ORtrail
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:43 am
quote : #11
Well, I tried... and tried again to get online with my PAL version of PSO ver.2 but never made it. I need to do some more reseach on this, I guess.

I reset my DC, tried to get online with my BBA, but it kept asking for my "user name". I know I've got the settings right because I can surf the web with my Planetweb 3.0 browsers but can't get connected to the PSO servers. The game does recognize that I've got a BBA, but never mentions not being able to use it to play online.

I tried with just the modem too, and got to the Sega of Europe website. When I tried to get my HUcast online, I got a message saying that the PSO severs might be down for maintenance. On a holiday? What are the odds? I'll try again tomorrow to see if I can get online though.

Had anyone here actually PLAYED ONLINE with the PSO Euro servers? Anyone ever used a BBA to play any version of PSO? It does work, right?

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:17 am
quote : #12
hey thx for info but how long will the euro pso be up for.. i mean i dont wanna spend a good 40 bux on it if its only gonna be online for a lil bit. does anyone kno ...?
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:03 pm
quote : #13
PAL PSO and BBA ...... (DC directly connect 2 DSL modem)

mistake message: DHCP server cant find internetprovider.

Maybe it works when u connect DC 2 PC and then hit the net.
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:45 pm
quote : #14
Okay, forgetting the BBA for the moment, I got online with the 56k modem this morning. Mostly empty on the Titan ship, though some guy name "Zu-fram" a level 199 character joined me and was doing all kinds of hack stuff. He warped us from the forest level 1 to the end fight with Dark Falz and opened a telepipe out of there too.

I got back to the ship, said good-bye, and went offline. At least I know the Euro servers are still up and that YES, you can get online. I will try a few things with the BBA to try and get it to work though. There is a bit more lag, or I'm just so used to PSO with Xbox and broadband, that being on dial-up seems slower than I recall. Not unplayable, just a bit laggy. I don't like tying up my phone while being online, so the BBA is much preferable.

So, the lesson here is that PSO PAL version still works online, even from the States.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:24 pm
quote : #15
ORtrail wrote:
Okay, forgetting the BBA for the moment, I got online with the 56k.

Just wondering why a person would ever want to play PSO with BBA, the game has no lag period! None at all, never a spike ... nothing its perfect! Don't waste your time and stay with the simpler 56k.