Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:12 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Ok if you were to buy all the latest games:

Karous
Trigger heart exelica
Last Hope

It would set you back £85! Thats around $160! (without P&P)
I would really love to buy these Games, however i have practically no income.
And for £85 i could go to see incubus another 3 times.

Also if you were going to buy them all limited edition (except karous which doesnt come LE atm)

It would cost: £105! Thats around $200 (without P&P)

I know some people here are going to buy them all. I would do the same if i had the money.

The question is which one do i buy. I have enough to buy one of these games (not LE).
I really enjoyed Radilgy so based on past experiences i am most likely going to buy Karous.

Peace, Lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:50 am
quote : #2
Im able to buy all, but only the normal editions (LE's are for capitalist-fascist-pig-dog-scum....oh how i envy's them).

The only reason I can afford them is due to my Uni loan, which is pretty much free money due to nice government peoples (ah social democracy...).

If i was able to only buy one of the three i would probaly go for THE, due to it being some what of an unknown quantity.

What i mean by that is that the other two game can be experienced elsewhere (Last Hope - R-type, Karous - Radirgy (although I'am hesitent to say that as im not sure how similar the two are past graphics and lack of big "FUCK EVERYTHING" bomb)).

THE just apeals to my intreege the most out of the three.
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:52 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Too bad they don't work together to make a demo disc.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:30 am
quote : #4
i cant afford a vmu right now let alone any of these games. id sure like to try out karous since i think it looks great.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:15 am
quote : #5
I have enough money to afford all of the new releases. In-fact here is what I am getting:

Last Hope (regular)
Trigger Heart Extension (regular)
Trigger Heart Extension (Limited Edition)
Karous (regular)
Karous Soundtrack
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:01 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
Karous Soundtrack

Is a soundtrack available to buy/pre-order now?

I might get the radilgy soundtrack when i can aswell.

Also its great to boost my status as a nerd Laughing
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:31 pm
quote : #7
lozz wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
Karous Soundtrack

Is a soundtrack available to buy/pre-order now?

It is not yet, in-fact it has not even been announced. However due to the fact that MileStone releases do not have an LE release, and instead release individual soundtracks, I am assuming Karous will as well.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:14 pm
quote : #8
I plan on getting something...
Soundtracks are nice, but I don't feel I absolutely must have them.
I just might to heck with it and get all three depends on if a discount card I got in the mail is still valid. Oh well payday can't come quick enough.
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:26 pm
quote : #9
Luckily I can buy all the 3 games. Just the normal editions, not limited editions.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:46 pm
quote : #10
DaMan wrote:
Soundtracks are nice, but I don't feel I absolutely must have them.

yea I only recently got into this. See, so far I own Border Down Limited Edition, Under Defeat Limited Edition, Shikigami no Shiro 2 Limited Edition, along with the Trizeal bonus Audio disc. I didn't have soundtrack discs for Chaos Field or Radirgy, so I ordered those last night along with Border Down Sountrack Vol. 2, as well as Senko No Ronde OST.

So having acquired those, getting the games and soundtracks for each DC shooter is a new goal of mine.

It seems with DC shooters I keep pushing it one step further.
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:42 pm
quote : #11
Its ever a money question - but you dont have 2 get them all at one time. Evry months from jan - march 1 game and the girl wont kill me. My personal problem with all the limited stuff is: motsly they are so liiiiimited that I dont open them..... thats why Im getting the normal edition also or Im waiting for a sk Razz
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm
quote : #12
Type: Pal
We all have our vice's Twisted Evil Mine isnt buying every DC game that comes out but buying every online DC game that comes out which of course has not left me with a lot of DC games to buy over the last few years.

If I had the money to burn at the moment and was to spend it console wise I would most likely buy one of the over priced Playstation 2 netlink adaptors from Ebay Mad However as I dont like paying over the odds then I would more than likey use the money to say go to Amsterdam which priced up at only 58 gbp return for me and the Mrs a month and a half ago thats around $105 Couple of days in a city I havent seen could be nice Smile

In the past I have spent 70 GBP on gaming equipment in one go and I could be tempted again for the right game/item but not for this particular bunch of items. If say Dreamcast RPG were only to be BB as suggested I may go looking for a BB adaptor.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:00 pm
quote : #13
Hey Blast there is nothing wrong with showing your love for online / network games! Very Happy Maybe you could invest in DC VS Cable and Sega Tetris / Aero Dancing games hehe.

I am getting all of the new releases because I love the shooter genre. I am also getting them at once, because it saves me time. I have realised lately how much time I have spent working on my collection. Sometimes I spend entire days working on my collection; trying to find the best deals and narrow down what to buy. Sure I save tons of money and make some amazing finds!!!! But in the end it takes me a lot of time to do that. I am realising lately how great it is to own a game and not have to worry about it selling out, or becoming rare / expensive.

Right now I am employed and making enough money to do this. If you will remember during past years I was not employeed and just eeked by on client work. I managed to grab almost every other Dreamcast release at launch, and was very happy I did. Now some of them are brutally hard to find. People don't realise how low of a production run some of these games had. Try finding Psyvariar 2 somewhere. Sure, you can find maybe one on ebay, but it is sold out virtually everywhere else.
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:53 pm
quote : #14
I was planning on buying one of these games a couple weeks ago when i had enough money to buy all three but while at walmart i saw a wii and it was screaming buy me, and so i bought it along with another $100 for a game and controller.

So in the future will these games be impossible to buy? cause i dont have the money right now and probably wont for a while since im not old enough to get a job where i get a paycheck instead of an iou. so lets say around 6 months from now are these going to be sold out with my only chance being an overpriced copy on ebay?
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:59 pm
quote : #15
mrandyk wrote:
So in the future will these games be impossible to buy?

I don't think it will be impossible. I still see Radilgy and Under Defeat. (If you don't want the limited editions, of course. I heard that Last Hope LE will be only 500 units).