Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was at work today, and was spying an auction for a CDX. Well I won an auction today for a boxed CDX, 25 games, and some extra controllers. The interesting part is when I came home to see how rare some of the games were just for kicks. I didn't expect to find some rarer titles in here. Check out the full list, with more comments below it:

---

HARDWARE:
1 Boxed Sega CDX console With all Hookups and Papers
2 6 Button Controllers
1 3 Button Controller
1 ASCIIWARE 6 Button Arcade Stick

SEGA CD GAMES:
Sonic CD
Ecco The Dolphin
Sega Claassics Arcade Collection

SEGA GENESIS GAMES:
R2 - Aladdin (cart only)
R1 - Eternal Champions
R1 - Jurassic Park
R1 - Madden 94
R1 - Madden 96
R3 - Maximum Carnage
R1 - Mortal Kombat II
R1 - NHL 97
R6 - Pac-Attack
R2 - Risk
R5 - Rock 'N Roll Racing
R1 - Sonic The Hedghog 1 (Not for Resale)
R1 - Sonic The Hedghog 2 (Retail Release)
R2 - Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
R5 - The Death and Return of Superman
R4 - The Duel: Test Drive II
R3 - The Terminator
R2 - T2 Arcade Game
R3 - Urban Strike
R2 - Virtua Racing
R2 - X-men
R2 - X-men 2 Clone Wars (cart only)

---

Now, the auction ran me about $170 shipped. At first I thought I kind of overpayed, but I have the money and really really wanted a boxed CDX. About 18 of the games I did not own, I really needed another 6 button controller as well as a second genesis arcade stick. So there are a lot of goods here I would have bought down the road individually.

Some of the highlights in terms of rarity include:

R6 - Pac-Attack
R5 - Rock 'N Roll Racing
R5 - The Death and Return of Superman
R4 - The Duel: Test Drive II

Also all of the games listed above are complete unless noted. I think I made out pretty good on this bundle. Atleast better than I originally thought I did. Smile
Posted:
Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:21 am
quote : #2
You payed 170,- $ for a boxed CDX incl. all the games????? Thats NOTHING m8 - thats what Im calling a DEAL! Congras!!!
Posted:
Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:08 am
quote : #3
For some reason I figured the CDX would go for a bit lower. What is the average going rate on a standalone CDX unit with cables, and a boxed CDX complete? I posted some of this information on another forum, and they informed me that boxed CDX's are becoming harder to find.

I have not been keeping up with the market prices on this unit like I do with Dreamcast or PS2 stuff.
Posted:
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:22 pm
quote : #4
A boxed multi mega (thats how it was called in europe) runs here betwen 150 - 200,- EUR and more. So your 170,- $$$$ are a deal in my view. And boxed units are hard 2 get. Sonic CD is also a bit harder 2 get - for that game alone 15,- EUR.
Posted:
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:29 pm
quote : #5
But, the market for a multi-mega and a CDX is a bit different. For instance you say Sonic CD is 15 EUR, but here it is about 8-12 USD.

CDX's are a bit more common here, and I have seen them boxed a number of times.

I will have to watch ebay over the next few months to see what a boxed unit is currently ending at to get a better indication of how well I did on this auction.

However I still think I did pretty good because of the games. You gotta figure each of those games could run an average of $5.00 bare minimum after shipping if I did them individually. 5 x 25 = 125.00

So in the end I think I made out with a good deal. I will start tracking boxed CDX auctions on ebay and see what they end at.
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:47 am
quote : #6
i saw a boxed cd-x, like hard case, no cardboard box, at a tractor show... where i get most of my old systems, in fact got my n64 and snes at shows... anyways it was complete for 10 bucks, and next to it was a saturn for 10 bucks... i chose the saturn

i love my saturn, but i think the laser is going or something, it wont read certain games, like i'll play burning rangers, and everytime, it freezes after you get on the elevator, but then i can play saturn bomberman with out ever running into an issue
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:42 pm
quote : #7
nintendo_DS wrote:
i saw a boxed cd-x, like hard case, no cardboard box, at a tractor show... where i get most of my old systems, in fact got my n64 and snes at shows... anyways it was complete for 10 bucks, and next to it was a saturn for 10 bucks... i chose the saturn

i love my saturn, but i think the laser is going or something, it wont read certain games, like i'll play burning rangers, and everytime, it freezes after you get on the elevator, but then i can play saturn bomberman with out ever running into an issue

Wait, the Sega CDX was complete, for 10 dollars?

(P.S. threads in here still need to remain ontopic just like all other forums. So try to keep reply focus ontopic rather than de-railing too much... such as onto the Saturn and Burning Rangers. Since this is a CDX thread.)
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:20 pm
quote : #8
yeah, it was all there for only 10 bucks, really nice looking too, but i didnt even ave a genesis at that point in time, and i remember hearing some bad stuff about cd-x, so i wasnt too keen on getting it, but now, i wish i had gotten both
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:09 pm
quote : #9
Um, are you confusing the CDX with the 32X? The CDX is a standalone Genesis and SegaCD in one. Its like the size of a large walkman and besides the Genesis Model 3, its the most compact 16 bit sega console to be released.
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:55 pm
quote : #10
god i feel like a retard... i just looked the stuff up on wikipedia, cause you got me thinking and its the sega cd that i saw, you know, the attachment for the genesis... it was just that piece, thats why i didnt get it, had no genesis, now i do though, so Crying or Very sad
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:11 pm
quote : #11
Type: PAL
Congratulations with your Sega CDX! Very Happy

Are you sure these games are.. rare? Confused