Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
I have a broadband adapter arriving very soon, so finally after almost 2 years (last day was 2005/03/19 playing PSO and Starlancer) I’m able to go online with a Dreamcast. Since I can’t have dial-up, that was the only way I could return. I’ll continue to miss the good old days of Starlancer online Sad , I used to play it every week. Didn’t buy the Broadband adapter before because Starlancer and most of the other games are not compatible, but now I got it for a good price.

Well anyway, while waiting for it I decided to make a new character on PSO and play it offline. Because both DC and GC PSO are going to close in April it was a hard choice whether I would play GC or DC version more (I don’t play both for a long time). I decided in the end for the DC version simple because I’ve been playing PSO BB since beta and during the past years I also played the GC and a bit Xbox version, so I really wanted to go to the roots, this is where I started with ver1 when was released and besides the DC version is a bit different from the other versions (has some different weapons, quests, effects, etc…).

I made the character in the beginning of the year and have now Lv 24 and most of the offline quests done and all levels on normal open. This has been very fun to play because I love Challenge Mode and playing like this reminds me of it, where all the little upgrade is good. I own both ver. 1 and ver. 2 but decided to start playing in Ver. 1 at least until I complete all in Normal and go online a bit with it before I convert my character to ver. 2. This is what I really call going back to the roots, hehe…though sometimes I miss the menu short cut Wink .

Also because I want to take the most of the Broadband Adapter I also got Quake III Arena the US version and already have it with me. I never was a very good appreciator of these arena type games where all is so fast, but I hope my interest grows as I play. I know I have the 4th place reserved every time for me, hehe, but you all can be certain that I will be there regularly…never know might frag 1 or other careless person, Razz . What is certain for sure is that other people will have more fun as they have 1 more person to frag to death there.

Now with the broadband adapter I also can convert again some PSO pictures and download mini games, files etc. And maybe I can “upload” scores in the games that support it, well in games where people made a website where we can upload times I mean, and all that it is possible to do with it… Cool
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:57 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
Welcome back Very Happy

Hope to be getting back into some PSO myself if I can succesfully perform DC surgery. Will be back to lv1 though as my last char got the big wipe due to DC resetting problem.

Q3 is a good game, I am also shite so we cant both reserve 4th place. I havent played in ages as I dont have a place to set up my mouse and KB in the front room but there is a possability my DC may be moving some time soon Smile So maybe see you on with both games at some point.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:06 pm
quote : #3
Thank you Blast Smile.

I have 2 Dreamcast and Ive been always able to fix both Dcs when they had the reset problem.Smile. Hope you can fix yours soon.

Even if i get a Mouse (already have 2 KBs) I will not be good anyway I'm not used to play those type of games in a PC, I've been always a console gamer. 1 more thing I need to get used to, heh.

So hope to see you online on both titles soon Balst ^ ^.
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:11 pm
quote : #4
im also quite bad at quake 3 with the exception of one match, i too have been a console gamer my entire life. we could have a huge embarrasing "frag" fest. you should try to use a free isp to get online with starlancer, since its free what do you have to lose?
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:24 am
quote : #5
lol, heheh.

Well, the problem is that i don't think there is a free ISP where I live. Here i always have to pay a monthly fee plus the cost of the communications per minute...

Or someday I can make a DC-PC connection or I'll never play Starlancer online again.Oh well, unfortunetly i think I'm used to it now.
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:50 pm
quote : #6
I dont think you understand what a free isp is, i only know of one free isp, cfaith, which anyone can use anywhere to my knowledge. I dont really know that much about a free isp as i have dial up through my local phone company but this is completely free so no monthly fees and stuff. you should probably look into it since it could bring starlancer back to you.
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:28 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
mrandyk wrote:
I dont think you understand what a free isp is, i only know of one free isp, cfaith, which anyone can use anywhere to my knowledge. I dont really know that much about a free isp as i have dial up through my local phone company but this is completely free so no monthly fees and stuff. you should probably look into it since it could bring starlancer back to you.

No, he is in Europe, which means he has no option of a free ISP, that will only work within the USA.

I find it quite ammusing actually how people on forum often tend to forget that some people do actually live outside the USA...lol...not talking about anyone specifically, but has anybody else noticed this, how often people speak as if everyone must surely live in the USA Smile lol

Wish I did ive in the USA though Sad

Anyway, welcome back Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:49 pm
quote : #8
It's an american trait in general Smile

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:21 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
That's awesome you decided to come back man, that shows some dedication Smile

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:11 pm
quote : #10
segadreamcaster wrote:

No, he is in Europe, which means he has no option of a free ISP, that will only work within the USA.

I find it quite ammusing actually how people on forum often tend to forget that some people do actually live outside the USA...lol...not talking about anyone specifically, but has anybody else noticed this, how often people speak as if everyone must surely live in the USA Smile lol

Wish I did ive in the USA though Sad

Anyway, welcome back Smile

I didnt know that free isps were usa only, and i do pretty much always think someone is from the usa unless they have pal to the left of their posts and if it says ntsc i assume they are from the usa.

Well good luck trying to get back with starlancer as it looks like your only solution would be the pc-dc connection, me if it came down to that id give up cause it is like some kind of foreign language to me for some reason.
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:58 am
quote : #11
Thanks guys Very Happy ...it's good to be back ^ ^ .

Yeah i can't get any free ISPs here. And unless someone finds an easy (and better) way to make the DC-PC connection i don't think i'll do it. So the only option is to play offline, which in fact I did it again last year Smile.