1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:09 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
A new game is coming from Triangle Service, and the company is already trumpeting the tagline "Shooting Love 2007". Next weekend at the AOU show the game will be unveiled. Currently there is no mention of Arcade hardware platform. This game may not even be on NAOMI, or come to the Dreamcast.

This thread is open for discussion until we find out that it is NOT on the NAOMI. If this is the case, it will most likely be a Type-X (arcade) / Playstation 2 (console) release; then this discussion will be shifted over to the PS2 site.

I am a big fan of Trizeal, so to hear about a sequel, let alone a new game from Triangle Service is exhilerating.

I can't wait until next weekend :]
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:33 am
quote : #2
Why did you have to post this on a monday! This is going to be a very long week. Laughing I still haven't played Trizeal, but the screenshots / videos I've seen have been amazing, so I can only imagine how much they'll (hopefully) step it up in a sequel.

Last edited by Dreamcast â„¢ on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:37 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
I'm hoping it's Trizeal but with pretty graphics... Razz

I heard about this on another site and I think they mentioned it would be shown at sega's booth.

Is that a good sign?...

Linkage (yeah, second hand news!! Rolling Eyes )
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:26 am
quote : #4
mcmonkey wrote:
yeah, second hand news!!

??? Most information that spreads across the internet is second hand news. Since the only first hand news is the original source.

Here is the original source of this information, an AOU information page at Sega:
http://am.sega.jp/utop/show/aou_2007/mach.html

Then this was spread via shmups.com in this thread.
Then it found its way onto over to Insert Credit and then other community sites.

The internet is a series of tubes...
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:30 am
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
mcmonkey wrote:
yeah, second hand news!!

??? Most information that spreads across the internet is second hand news. Since the only first hand news is the original source.

I know, I just don't like linking to DCS....it feels dirty, it feels used.

lordnikon wrote:
The internet is a series of tubes...

I see.... Laughing

Last edited by mcmonkey on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:59 am; edited 2 times in total
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:40 am
quote : #6
mcmonkey wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
mcmonkey wrote:
yeah, second hand news!!

I know, I just don't like linking to DCS....it feels dirty

Yea I know what you mean... *shudders*

I was reading back a bit more at GameFront, and GameFront's original listing of Sega's AOU page is what lead someone at shmups.com to find the EXZEAL information. So the source order goes like this:

Sega > GameFront > Shmups.com topic > GameFront > every other site on the net
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 pm
quote : #7
Exzeal is definitely coming to Naomi and DC.

The internet is 'chinese whispers' on a huge scale !

Is DCS dirty ? I can think of dirtier. Anyone care to elaborate ?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:49 am
quote : #8
SNK 47 wrote:
Is DCS dirty ? I can think of dirtier. Anyone care to elaborate ?

they're not exactly dirty, embarassing would be closer to the truth...

I think it's gunna be a naomi game now. I can't think of another board it could be on, especialy seeing that its being shown at sega's booth (that is unless sega has a new super secret arcade board their gunna show or something...) .[/url]
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:01 pm
quote : #9
It's from July 2005. The Triangle Service founder said he prefer the Naomi.

http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2005/06/the_small_guns.php

Quote:
Will low-end boards like Atomiswave and Type X have a positive effect on arcades?

If the makers are working hard enough, I see a certain form of revival coming for the arcade, especially for videogames. But at the moment videogames are disappearing from arcades because the operators don’t want to buy new ones. Today, we have less than a third of the arcades we used to enjoy 15 years ago, and so the major companies have stopped making videogames for the arcade. However, this has provided more of a chance for smaller companies like mine.

I prefer to develop for the Naomi system rather than these new boards, because it offers the best environment. Also, there are so many Naomi cabinets on the market that it’s easy to sell new games: you just sell a GD-ROM disc. It’s very easy and affordable for operators. I don’t think I would develop for the Type X because it’s too expensive for me and for operators. The Atomiswave is much cheaper, even compared to the Naomi, but its specifications are too low. I mean, it is really a Dreamcast, after all. So again, I don’t think I would like to develop on it.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
quote : #10
Yes Triangle Service prefers the NAOMI, but if GD-ROM's arn't being produced anymore he might have to go to the Type-X.

It could be on the Aurora board, though I doubt it. Since it is being shown at Sega's booth, it is probobly NAOMI / AURORA / Lindbergh
Posted:
Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 am
quote : #11
Maybe the GD-Rom situation(and that still hasn't been confirmed) would mean no chance of a DC port, but for the limited number required for an Arcade release it wouldn't be so much of a problem ?

We'd have to know how many Naomi boards are out there in the Arcades, and how many stockpiles of GD-Roms are hidden away in Warehouse Number 8, before answering that question.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:41 pm
quote : #12
SNK 47 wrote:
Maybe the GD-Rom situation(and that still hasn't been confirmed) would mean no chance of a DC port, but for the limited number required for an Arcade release it wouldn't be so much of a problem ?

We'd have to know how many Naomi boards are out there in the Arcades, and how many stockpiles of GD-Roms are hidden away in Warehouse Number 8, before answering that question.

Unless sega comes out and says they are done making the gd roms dont believe anything you hear about them stopping making them.
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:14 pm
quote : #13
I did say it wasn't confirmed didn't I ?

Don't worry mrandyk. Even if Sega announced it's demise today, I'd still believe there were hundreds of thousands left in warehouse number 9 Wink

I'm a Dreamcast believer, a real soul reaver.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:47 am
quote : #14
lordnikon wrote:
Yes Triangle Service prefers the NAOMI, but if GD-ROM's arn't being produced anymore he might have to go to the Type-X.

It could be on the Aurora board, though I doubt it. Since it is being shown at Sega's booth, it is probobly NAOMI / AURORA / Lindbergh

I don't think a game like this one can be on the Lindbergh. Games on this arcade are really big: Virtua Fighter 5, House of the Dead 4, Virtua Tennis 3, After Burner Climax...

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:09 am
quote : #15
I do not believe the game would be on Lindbergh either, but it is still a possibility. Since we do not know what arcade hardware board EXZEAL will be on, and DO know Triangle Service will be at Sega's booth, each current sega arcade hardware board needs to be considered as a possibility. Even more so with the recent rumblings about the halting of GD-ROM manufacturing.

Media EDIT 2/16/2007:

EXZEAL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuZabz9r-hY

Shooting Proficiency Measurement: (THIS IS GENIUS!!!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-By7EYZMH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4jPpRXn08