mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:06 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:
Shooting Proficiency Measurement: (THIS IS GENIUS!!!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-By7EYZMH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4jPpRXn08

That one where you have to get the stuff in the bins looks fantastic!
unknown
Posted:
Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:31 pm
quote : #17
So is it Naomi ? I can't tell from the vids. From a graphical standpoint, there is nothing there that is beyond the capability of Naomi or even Atomiswave.

Some sites are saying it is definitely on Naomi. It sure looks as if that could well be true.

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:42 am
quote : #18
Hey, Trizeal had some pretty visuals. I get a rush every time I actually make it to stage four; The planet (Earth?) in that one might look a little less real than the one in Psyvariar 2, but the sweeping camera work is second to none, in my opinion. Smile

Exzeal, though, looks amazing, both in terms of visuals and execution. It seems that everything's been stepped up a notch, from the bullets to the enemy formations, the backgrounds and storytelling. I absolutely love the way that everything flows, and if we ever get to play this game, I think that it'll give us an even clearer feel of the "Triangle Service style." I know that I haven't played a lot of scroll shooting games, but I swear that there's something special about Triangle Service. I see it in Trizeal and Exzeal, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to play much of XIISTAG aside from the "Limited" Windows example, which doesn't play too well on my PC (about 4-10 frames per second).

I really hope that we'll be able to see all the neat details of Exzeal, almost like little secrets... I'm thinking about Trizeal's "Break Out!" sections, the hidden bombs, the pre-boss lifting game, and things like that. Of course, I mean that I hope that we'll be able to see them first-hand, as we play the game. Wink

In any case, I'm very glad that Triangle Service is bringing forward the great ideas that they have. Additionally, Shooting Proficiency Measurement is definitely something that I'd like to try my skills (or lack thereof!) at; It looks very fun and helpful at the same time! I think that I've said this elsewhere, but it looks like the shooting game equivalent of something like "Brain Age" for the DS, or maybe even the mini games of Sonic Shuffle, though that's a bit of a stretch. I wish my dad could play it, I'm sure that he'd get a huge kick out of it!

SNK 47 wrote:
Some sites are saying it is definitely on Naomi. It sure looks as if that could well be true.

I myself wondered, "how can they tell that it's on NAOMI? I mean, I would believe it if it was, but how do they know?"

I thought that some people are simply extremely good at picking out which platform a game is running on by how it looks, or by the cabinet that it's running in, or something like that... then, I looked carefully at this picture. Above the arcade machine itself, on the bottom right corner of the banner/marquee, you'll see something. Cool

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/GAME/docs/20070216/aou_sg55.jpg

Whether it's NAOMI or NAOMI GD-ROM isn't clear, but it's probably the latter. If it is, then, fingers crossed that it could be an indicator of the true status of disc production. No one anywhere knows the future for something like this with certainty, but did they announce the discontinuation of the Model 1 or Model 2, ST-V cartridges or Hikaru ROM boards? The NAOMI's been taking care of business for close to a decade, and regardless of whether Triangle Service squeezed into a narrow release, I'm really happy to see that Exzeal and SPM are on this platform. It's sufficiently powerful and they know how to use it; In my book, that means "games with substance." Mr. Green
SNK 47
unknown
Posted:
Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:08 am
quote : #19
Thanks icepick. That sign is a lot easier to read than on a youtube vid !

And you have officially won me a bet ! I was sure it was Naomi a few weeks ago but my dad said "As per usual lad, you are all foresight and no fact" Shocked

Shame he's so much poorer now Twisted Evil

I can't wait to experience the game now, especially as your description has really whetted my appetite. At least I've got the cash for the slot now.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 am
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
The game is most definatly on the NAOMI, since you can clearly see the "O" in the logo on the lower right hand corner of the marquee. I doubt it is on a GD-ROM board though. I don't think they will release the game on a ROM board. They havn't done this in over 6 years. Also, System-16 has Puyo Puyo Fever as NAOMI, but this is innacurate as I know it was released on GD-ROM. They also have 1 game labeled as a 2005 NAOMI release "Oshare Majo Love and Berry", but this too is most likely an error.