segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:49 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi all,

Was it ever confirmed if Windows ME worked with the PC-DC server? I guess it probably would but it wasnt confirmed last I checked, the reason I ask is because the machine that I hope will be a Quake server will also hopefully be put to use as a PC-DC server and it just happens to be running ME Smile

Cheers, Craig

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:00 pm:

UPDATE:

OK, well I have now set this up with ME and have been able to connect to the host PC ok and have been able to browse the net, I have then added all the ports to winroute pro.

I have then attempted to add all the ports to my routers, but again (see me quake server thread) I don't seem to be having any luck with forwarding the ports with them Sad

Any help appreciated guys?

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:17 pm:

UPDATE:

OK, i think I cvan confirm that this will work with Windows ME as I have just been able to connect to quake and it seemed very smooth Smile

However. I have still not been able to connect with any games when using my routers, the only way I got it to connect was by remving both routers and plugging in directly...still need help with what I am doing wrong with these routers guys...HELP!!!!

Also, I set the ports for quake as 27960-30000, but the guide says 27960-2796X, however that doesn't work...I assume there has been some issue with working this out due to the "X" but I tried it as 27960-27980 and that didnt work so had to do it higher, any ideas on what is actually required?

Finally, does anybody know the ports that max pool uses or can anybody point me in the direction of a good port sniffer that can tell me?

Cheers, Craig

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:41 am:

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

OK, well I managed to play for a full 1 hour and 11 minutes on maximum pool las night using the PC-DC server and it worked like a dream, really smooth, it was great Smile and this was using a very old little pentium 233mhz PC with 256mb of ram, worked a treat Smile

However, I have not been able to get Quake to connect again since, which is strange, and I cannot seem to get Starlancer to work either, just says that it can't connect to Gamespy.

Finally, I have still not been able to get any of this to work from behind my routers, which is a real problem...PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

PS: Am I talking to myself here!?!?!?!.......Yes you are Smile ......Ah right, thought so Sad

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com