Topic: dreameye users

Page 1 of 3
nwolfe99
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi I'm new at this, I have a dreameye in my closest and I wanting to take it out *dusting the cover the box* and hoping that maybe some users are out there. Now, as far I know by playing at it back then. There are two ways to use the video phone is by dialing the number of your friends and wait for the answer on the other side. That was cool, another way I haven't tried yet is typing your email to another email user who has the dreameye. it's the only two options I see. If I'm wrong on email thing, let me know,k?

My email nwolfe@inet2000.com

Thanks for having this awesome site for us survivors.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:50 am
quote : #2
Type: Pal
nwolfe99 wrote:
Hi I'm new at this, I have a dreameye in my closest and I wanting to take it out *dusting the cover the box* and hoping that maybe some users are out there. Now, as far I know by playing at it back then. There are two ways to use the video phone is by dialing the number of your friends and wait for the answer on the other side. That was cool, another way I haven't tried yet is typing your email to another email user who has the dreameye. it's the only two options I see. If I'm wrong on email thing, let me know,k?

My email nwolfe@inet2000.com

Thanks for having this awesome site for us survivors.

I have had dreameye for some time but havent used it much at all since I got a PC. It is great fun but mostly I used it for practical applications i.e. posting pictures for sales on Ebay. I have never used the video phone as I understood you needed a Ch@b account to do this? although thats never been 100% confirmed. You can mail videos to other people with a dreameye i think you can mail video to anyone with a dreamcast in fact? its been so long since I have used it I really cant remember now.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:21 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
blast, i hit you up with a pm, wanting to start experimenting with the video phone feature...

anyone else with the dreameye, post in this topic so that we can begin to create a member listing of dreameye users. if i can get with blast or someone else with time on their hands, we can experiment a little and see if we can get something to work
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
HoboJoe
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:03 pm
quote : #4
Wow....I never even realized there was a dreameye. I'll have to try and get my hands on one of these and play around with it.

Jimyerk2k
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:01 pm
quote : #5
I wish I was rich and bought a dreameye...

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:19 pm
quote : #6
Jimyerk2k wrote:
I wish I was rich and bought a dreameye...

You don't have to be that rich. Go to ebay. You could get one NEW for under $30 easy. That's where mine came from.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Jaime
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:54 pm
quote : #7
I've got one. I tried to take pics and view them, but it seems to lock up.
Posted:
Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:57 pm
quote : #8
Jaime wrote:

ok..going from rather rusty memory here but if you have the RF cable try running the software through that...I know I had problems using anything but the RF cable with the (Dreampark?) software

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:50 am
quote : #9
Type: Pal
segadreamcaster wrote:
Jaime wrote:

ok..going from rather rusty memory here but if you have the RF cable try running the software through that...I know I had problems using anything but the RF cable with the (Dreampark?) software

Yup just for the photo part of the software you have to use RF everything else will work on other connections. I didnt test all the connection types all I do know is it does work on RF.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:37 am
quote : #10
I am getting mine soon! Razz

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sun May 11, 2008 10:17 pm
quote : #11
I figured it'd be cool to have one, but there's only one listed on Ebay and they want $79 for it.
If you plan on using it as a webcam and uploading/emailing pictures, how are the pictures? are they a decent quality/size?
Posted:
Mon May 12, 2008 6:39 am
quote : #12
The camera takes them at 640x480 but for some reason the only way to get them off the camera involves cutting the resolution in half to 320x240. If it wasn't for that I'd say it was a decent camera. Still not much more than a novelty piece though.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Jaime
rank 4
Posted:
Mon May 12, 2008 9:07 pm
quote : #13
segadreamcaster wrote:
Jaime wrote:

I'm sorry I'm getting back to this so late. Before I was trying to run it through the VGA box in VGA mode on a monitor. I just did it right now (still have it going) and it works with the VGA Box in S-Video mode on a TV. Besides not knowing what I'm doing, the interface feels and looks a lot like an Apple computer, to me at least!. I wasn't sure if when I first got it that I was taking any pics, but it def took some around 2 yrs ago! Opps, I just ended up deleting all the pics inadvertently. I thought I was selecting an option to delete multiple selected pics at one time. I paid some bux for this a few yrs back, might as well put it to some use. What else can be done? I mean, can I get in contact w/other ppl from here? I remember finding yahoo groups for dreameye users, but that was yrs ago.
Posted:
Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:04 am
quote : #14
Type: NTSC-U
This is been my first post here on onlineconsoles in quite some time, been very, very, very busy for the last couple of years. Now I've got some time to sit down and play some DC. Not sure if any of you guys remember me. I've got a Dreameye myself, if anyone ever wants to do some video chat, let me know. Very Happy
Posted:
Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm
quote : #15
Type: PAL
Everyone has a Dreameye but me =[ To EBAY!