lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
corban123 wrote:
Im having damn problems with this game D: I burned it a couple days ago, and played through the first evolution. On the second level, i had two major glitches, one where the bug that was supposed to run all the way to the top of the tree glitched and diddnt go all the way to the top, and 2nd i couldnt get the bug that was sleeping to wake up when i called him D:. Also, does anyone know where im supposed to be for the fish to come out and communicate with me? I cant find the damn spot lol

There is a small clearing at the north part of that map, with water showing. You sleep a bit there curled up, and the fish will pop its head out of the water. At that moment wake up, and you can communicate with him. As for the other parts you are having trouble with, you have to try more things. This game is all about trial and error, and exploration. In most cases the game will not tell you what to do. You have to figure it all out on your own. The best advice I can give is, to leave no stone unturned. Comb the entire map in every level. Eventually you will stumble upon something that you missed.
Posted:
Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm
quote : #17
I was excited for it when I first got it, but as I played it, my excitement waned. It frustrates me that I can't really get into this game, since it's obviously very deep and contains a message. The gameplay is just so simplistic, cryptic, and boring. Often times I solve a puzzle without knowing what I even did to solve it. The rest of the time I'm just wandering around the environment, trying the same things over and over in a desperate hope to advance. I spent $50 on this game, which I know was a steal, and I wish I could enjoy it more, since it seems to be such a cult classic around many communities.
Posted:
Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32 am
quote : #18
This is definatly a game that takes some time learning how to play, because its so different. It doesn't hand hold you like other games do. It expects you to "explore", and to solve problems in a different way. You have to be patient to play this game. Though... there are a few parts that are really tricky.

If you don't understand why you got past a certain section, play through that area again. Try to explore it and learn what the developer is trying to get you to do. I had to do this a few times when I was playing.

Hint: There is a rather complete guide for this game on gamefaqs, but try to use it carefully so as to not spoil the whole game. Only use it when you really really need to.