Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
SireDoime
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:57 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Is playing PSO NTSC and PAL on same DC possible?
I ask because I can't play PAL PSO online with my second hand DC for more than a few minutes without it resetting during play.
So since I'm not playing my regular NTSC PSO online, can play PAL online using the same Dreamcast?

I can play with both my NTSC ver1 and ver2 PSO off line, and I figure since this ver2 PSO is PAL I can play it as well off line, but I'm not sure about about online. Any help?

thanks
Playtime: 0291'16" Offline Mode: HARD
ONLINE: de-railed!! XC
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
It should works. But I don't know if you can use the same characters.

SireDoime
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:16 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
Well tried.
It asked me for the Ver1 SN/AK, of course the only SN/AK stored is the NTSC, and I don't have a PAL ver
game.

Funny thing though -- it loaded mt NTSC chars. Well I never loaded completely, just at the load
screen.

Oh well -- I got on today, but got reset booted within 3 minutes.
Playtime: 0291'16" Offline Mode: HARD
ONLINE: de-railed!! XC
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:18 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
for some unknown reason, i can play with both my different origins, pal and ntsc-u with the same char online... the same char has 2 different sn/ak's stored on it too, odd
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:43 pm
quote : #5
[quote="SireDoime"]Funny thing though -- it loaded mt NTSC chars. Well I never loaded completely, just at the load
screen.

Yeah that's what normally happens. It just says "loading" and never gets past that. Nintendo DS are you using a PAL region dreamcast?
Posted:
Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:49 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
nope, I am using a NTSC-U unmodded dreamcast, when i got online with my PAL V2 copy, i put in the SNAK for it, then later I went online with the same char on NTSC V2 and used the NTSC serial, which is a shared one, and it took me online there too.
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:45 pm
quote : #7
well the PAL won't load an NTSC character, but I've never tried loading a PAL character on an NTSC copy
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:33 pm
quote : #8
I can play with the same characters on PAL and NTSC, i made the character on PAL, and then when i loaded up NTSC, it never asked for a SNAK and it loaded my PAL characters fine... Of course, if the US servers were still up, it would obviously deem the PAL SNAK invalid.

AIM: Joshy Doodles
Yahoo!: KoNek01192@yahoo.com
MSN: KoNeko1192@hotmail.com
Jabber: KoNeko1192@jabber.org