Topic: Last games in Ragol

Page 2 of 3
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:55 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Hmm, this could definitely work to my advantage. Now to convince my parents to come back from the mountains on Saturday instead of Sunday.
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:08 am
quote : #17
Type: PAL
I'm confused now! Why is at midnight PST? Aren't the servers located in Japan or Europe? Maybe he was not well informed about the time, what we know is that they will close the JP servers at midnight but JP time, which is 4pm (GMT+1) Saturday on UK.

We better be there before 4pm on Saturday and see what happens. If we see the JP servers closing and the EU staying probably that means that the guy from Sega Europe was right and probably close at 8am UK time on Sunday. If this happens I'll be there aswell before that time.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:45 am
quote : #18
That doesn't make much sense. PST is only used in North America, not in Japan... That was a bit confusing.

Starwalker wrote:
Maybe he was not well informed about the time, what we know is that they will close the JP servers at midnight but JP time, which is 4pm (GMT+1) Saturday on UK.

We better be there before 4pm on Saturday and see what happens.

Well said, I'll do the same.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:10 pm
quote : #19
Type: Pal
segadreamcaster wrote:
Hi guys,

Ok, interesting update from Sega-europe, I have been sending messages back and forth with them for a couple of weeks now, just to see if I could somehow change their minds...sadly it did not work as you might expect, but had to be worth a go Sad

Anyway, just had an E-mail from them now, which reads as follows:

Hi Craig.

I'm afraid at this time that the server shut-down will be taking place as planned. I can only apologise for any disappointment and frustration that this may cause.

The servers are scheduled to be shutdown at midnight PST which is 8am UK time on 1st April 2007.

Best regards,

Bill Petty
Product Support
SEGA Europe

Thought it was meant to Saturday afternoon in the UK that it goes offline?..lol havent got time to check it now, but will have to check that

Interesting if its true as I will be up andf about at that time as I am going

Here: http://www.millenniumstadium.com/301_416.php

I have to be at my friends house for a lift at 08.30 but its only 10 mins away so I could be on for shutdown if thats when it happens.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:18 pm
quote : #20
see you all there at some point over the weekend! i hope my account still works...
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:49 pm
quote : #21
With my vacation day coming tomorrow, I'm half tempted to try to make it all the way through cmode once more with my FO, but I can't see it happening. I just don't know the force class all that well, but I'm sure I won't have any shortage of JP players doing cmode tomorrow! Mr. Green Even though I've only had a year and a half on PAL servers, I say it was an investment WELL worth making. I've said it before, but I have NO regrets, and I've had a lot of great times!
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:48 am
quote : #22
SO!!

It seems that only the JP servers went off-line and even that was late. They seemed to take them off block by block.

There were about 600 people on the JP servers (first two blocks were full) and around 50 on the EU servers at its peak. T'was very impressive.

Had a great Ruins run with Polan (PolanDC) and Zendora. Then a Bloody good Forest run with SEGADCER and them two aswell.

So I'll see you all tommorow at 6am on Rhea block 16 then Razz

Last edited by mcmonkey on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:03 pm
quote : #23
Many things to say! But will post pictures only tomorrow, thx for all the showed up Cool . Just want to say that probably the person from Sega Europe was right after all, and maybe the EU servers will only close at 8am UK time Sunday. I'll be there of course. There was 575 players in JP ships and around 35 in EU ships a bit before shedule time to close, Impressive!!

Im not sure if JP ships were closed block by block, it was a bit of a rumour, but probably true. But what was real it sems is that the JP ship got a countdown of 10 minutes before close (didnt have any pics with that nor seen because I was waiting for shutdown in EU ship, and we were afraid to get kicked 1st if in JP ship and that was true afterall), and more or less 2 hours and half there was no link to JP ships but the few JP players that were in EU ships stayed there and could/can still play as long as they dont disconnect. More of this story from the last moments and days soon along with nice pictures.

Well if the servers close at 8am UK time hope to see some of you there for real final pics from EU ships.
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:10 pm
quote : #24
Starwalker wrote:
Im not sure if JP ships were closed block by block, it was a bit of a rumour, but probably true.

Yeh, that was me. I went to check the jp servers and block one and two of the jp servers we're gone. I joined block three and was then disconnected promptly afterwards.
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:04 pm
quote : #25
Type: NTSC-U/C
8am uk? there's still time! I just need to flash my memory and I can join, but I don't have planetweb 1.0, and the nero image of the region flasher is non functional.... =/
rank 18
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:28 pm
quote : #26
Ok if I still have time, then PSO again tonight! Woooo! Mr. Green
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:51 pm
quote : #27
by my math there is still about 6 hours left if we have the correct termination time.
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:23 pm
quote : #28
mrandyk wrote:
by my math there is still about 6 hours left if we have the correct termination time.

Thats funny, I make it about 1 and a half hours hehe.

ahhh the joys message boards.
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:15 am
quote : #29
Type: NTSC-U/C
omg, I got my pw 1.0 at a local pawnshop, but now my isp has turned into a total deadbeat. Line is busy? GAH!!!!

Looks like it must be offline by now right?
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:34 am
quote : #30
kingbuzzo wrote:
omg, I got my pw 1.0 at a local pawnshop, but now my isp has turned into a total deadbeat. Line is busy? GAH!!!!

Looks like it must be offline by now right?

no! It's refusing to die.