Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
little did i know that my fishing rod does work for this game. after saying in some other thread that i cant find right now i stated this game dont work with the rod. while i had the rod out i stumbled on a line of writing on my box that says it cast out the line by making a casting motoin. and i tride this out and it works but it isnt easy to do. i have to almost slam the rod in the casting motion i dont think its my rod seeing how its almost brand new its only ben used a few times for the other 2 fishing games i have . does any one else have bass fishing 2 and a rod and do you have the same issues.my rod is the fission fishing controller made by interact
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:37 am
quote : #2
Gary_b that is Interesting. I don't think I have the rod or games anymore, but I'm certain that is the rod I had. I tried it with Bass Fishing a few times but it never seemed to work. I realise now I should have read the instructions.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:22 am
quote : #3
SNK 47 wrote:
Gary_b that is Interesting. I don't think I have the rod or games anymore, but I'm certain that is the rod I had. I tried it with Bass Fishing a few times but it never seemed to work. I realise now I should have read the instructions.
yes we both should have read them from the start. i got the rod and thought that it was a simple thing to use and needed no reading or learning. i was so wrong this baby is more complex than i could have thought. it turns out that its supose to be able to sense if you yank the rod left or right and make the luers jig from side to side and up and down. also the casting thing i said . but i didnt bother to test the side to side jiging function cuz of how hard it is to cast i asume that jiging is just as hard. this all makes me think of the wii motes. perhaps nintendo was not the first to use this type of tech unless you count the power glove

Last edited by gary_b on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:37 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Do you have the official fishing rod? I have it and all my fishing games work perfectly.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:22 am
quote : #5
JKKDARK wrote:
Do you have the official fishing rod? I have it and all my fishing games work perfectly.
not unless this rod is the offical one. if it is not then can you tell if your meaning that sega made a rod. cuz this is not made by sega. my rod is the fission fishing controller made by interact.you can kinda see the box for the rod in the low res pics i posted in the setup and colection thread last night if that helps
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:09 pm
quote : #6
gary_b wrote:
JKKDARK wrote:
not unless this rod is the offical one. if it is not then can you tell if your meaning that sega made a rod. cuz this is not made by sega. my rod is the fission fishing controller made by interact.you can kinda see the box for the rod in the low res pics i posted in the setup and colection thread last night if that helps

Looked at the box in your pics gary_b, nice collection btw. That is the rod I had. Whether that's the official rod I really don't know. Occasionally Third Party company branded peripherals are the official ones. Both Sega and Madcatz branded guns were the official ones.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:22 pm
quote : #7
SNK 47 wrote:
gary_b wrote:
JKKDARK wrote:

Looked at the box in your pics gary_b, nice collection btw. That is the rod I had. Whether that's the official rod I really don't know. Occasionally Third Party company branded peripherals are the official ones. Both Sega and Madcatz branded guns were the official ones.
thanks the collection grows more all the time.

so sega made a light gun? i read some place that sega wouldnt make light guns do to them not wanted to be looked down on by the media for gun violence. this may only be in the united states but im not sure

my light gun isnt made by sega its the madcatz one
Posted:
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:27 pm
quote : #8
The Sega gun was available in Japan.