Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
RayOfAsh
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Store Buaght Sky's of Arcadia crash's after intro. How do i fix this? There are no scratch's on the cd or anything. It just crash's all of a sudden.
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:18 pm
quote : #2
Have you tried cleaning it, the other day I wanted to play UT and it didn't work because somehow it got some smug on it, wash with water not touching the bottom of disk and dry with paper towel, but make sure to dry by going out and back from the center not in a big circle as a disk is not read that way and may still not work if cleaned like that

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:20 pm
quote : #3
use a gamedoctor
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:42 am
quote : #4
I tried a cd repair kit(aka disckdoctor), and i still get the problem.
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:09 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U
i'm not sure whats causing the problem, but i do know that Skies is a cast killer. this game loads... ALOT. you can usually tell when your gonna go into battle cause you'll hear the cast grinding away. my friend got skies and it ate up his cast, and even in a review i read the person reviewing it went thru a cast playing it! I dont even know how mine is still holding up after 3 yrs. of skies and pso, i guess a little care goes a long way.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:13 pm
quote : #6
Alright, dont game doctor it or you will probably void the used copy. Either get a kleenex, wipe it with a little water then check your DC's cd reader... or return it to the store you bought it from, saying it doesnt work.

RayOfAsh
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:24 pm
quote : #7
Well it was MONTHS ago, and i think you cant return opened copys anyways(take off the rapping).

Im not even sure if i doctored it, but my bro says we did so we must have. Ill tell him about the "cast" killing also.
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:01 pm
quote : #8
You cant return opened copies? I thought it was used...

Next time, buy from EB/EB Games. They have a 100% guarentee on all used merchandise.