segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:37 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
bomb78 wrote:
if it doesn't close tomorrow, we can hope they won't close it at all Mr. Green , did they talk about closing all servers or only japanese ones....

Well I think they said the EU versions as well but was all in Japanese so wouldnt like to say for sure....lol....but yeah...I certainly have my fingers crossed...I know it's not likely, but we can all Dream...thats what Dreamcasters do Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
kev19
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:34 am
quote : #17
On the JP site it said "worldwide shutdown", so I think thats what it means... still.. Monday morning I think they'll be gone.

Enjoy the last weekend.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:48 am
quote : #18
Type: PAL
Hey its still online now (4:45pm UK time)
I just had a game with koNeko and lumwoz.
I have loads of pics i will sort through and upload within the next few days.

DC PSO FOREVER Very Happy
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:07 am
quote : #19
A lot of times, companies have seperate enteties, such as SEGA JP, SEGA UK, SEGA US. And if it's like the company I work for, these actually may be completely seperate companies for tax reasons. It's possible that SEGA UK has the option of terminating services whenever they please.
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:33 am
quote : #20
That'd be great, Uranium.

I'll be on at 22 or 23h UK time tonight btw.

Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:29 am
quote : #21
I'm pretty sure it said it was gonna be a worldwide shutdown, but who knows maybe we'll get lucky and they'll forget about the servers.
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:22 pm
quote : #22
i like the "can't find the servers" senario, and btw, I'm going on now... yay
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:54 pm
quote : #23
is it still on? i was figuring it would stay on longer than the scheduled cancel time but only by a few hours, not this many. the us servers did stay on a full 24 hours than expected when they went down though. and it is a worldwide shutdown for every pso.

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:11 pm:

i get it, sega is just doing an april fools joke. they set it up extremely far in advance by announcing this months ago so that we all believe it, then they never take the servers down. nice on sega you actually made me fall for it.
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:28 pm
quote : #24
i dont think it is a joke... but yes they are still on
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:36 pm
quote : #25
either that or the company that hosts them cant remember where the server is. I think Im going to do some investigating!

*gets pipe and trilbie
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:05 pm
quote : #26
well i am still sticking by the intern thing

think about it, they have interns that are fans of the old PSO that barricaded themselves in the room where the main servers are and they are holding off the crappy security with office built trebuchets and plastic breakers +99's screaming NEVER SURRENDER and DARK FALZ IS GONNA BE PWN'ED and stuff like DC 4 LIFE NIBBLUH
SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:14 pm
quote : #27
Maybe Sega Europe never got the memo Wink

I did a check of the IP addresses for the two servers, JP and EU just to see where they were hosted.

The JP servers are in Tokyo, ISP: ISAO

The EU servers are in the UK, ISP: Sega Europe LTD.

Sega Europe seems to be negligent in their duties.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:37 pm
quote : #28
nintendo_DS wrote:
well i am still sticking by the intern thing

think about it, they have interns that are fans of the old PSO that barricaded themselves in the room where the main servers are and they are holding off the crappy security with office built trebuchets and plastic breakers +99's screaming NEVER SURRENDER and DARK FALZ IS GONNA BE PWN'ED and stuff like DC 4 LIFE NIBBLUH

come on...even my accusation of this being an april fools day joke is a more feasible explanation than that.

i say we all agree either sega of europe is being lazy, cant find the servers, or arent working on sunday. or they are trying to show how much they care by letting everyone play for a little while longer.
SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:47 pm
quote : #29
mrandyk wrote:
i say we all agree either sega of europe is being lazy, cant find the servers, or arent working on sunday

You know what, that's not a bad idea. I bet no one works weekends and they'll get around to shutting the servers down on monday. We'll see I guess.

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:27 am
quote : #30
quite obvously, the interns were overwhelmed by the security... but then! they revolted and were able to reclaim the lost server room and switch them back on mere hours after they were taken offline. go interns go!!! Mr. Green