Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:04 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: Pal
If the IP has not chaged does that not suggest the server is all the same just back up?

laters
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:08 pm
quote : #32
Well yes and no. If it weren't for what segadreamcaster said about the 50hz server, I'd say a definite yes. This is all very mysterious. If someone is running this rogue style, I can see why they'd want to be very secretive about it.
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:09 pm
quote : #33
I suppose the server ip address is "software-coded" -so a fixed ip- for this game (except if you modify the parameters your self by entering a code through code breaker to modify it like when first time connecting to schtack server - or if someone has modified a VMU save with the right new ip of the server (like it was done with maximum pool) but all players would have to download thi save which is not the case.

Also this makes no sense to allocate another public IP address to a server that has one before, unless the server has moved to another company who has reconfigured it with another ip, but in this case, how the console can guess the new ip ???
You could answer the game uses the server name instead of the ip to connect, but you have to know that the server master.pso.dream-key.com is still linked to the ip 62.73.186.207 (you have same ip when you ping the server name).

Anyway the ip 62.73.186.207 is still belonging to Sega, the whole range 62.73.186.0 - 62.73.186.255 is allocated to Sega Europe Ltd.

For me the server has the same ip and is still managed by Sega.
It just look like the server was down for maintenance and they did some changes that has affected the 50hz server..

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:50 pm
quote : #34
id think that sega is just being nice by letting us have some more pso time, but that whole 50hz server thing kinda makes you wonder exactly what is going on. i wouldnt look into this so much, but instead play as much as possible. im sure that at this time tomorow it will be down.
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:04 am
quote : #35
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well they are down again now guys Sad Just logged in at 7.43am (UK time GMT+1) and the illegible text was on the screen Sad then a minute later it went off again Crying or Very sad

Can't help but wonder if it's gonna come back on again but I doubt it...somebody online said they saw the countdown...so makes it seem more final if true but didnt have time to equire.

Fingers crossed it back up later...we can only hope now guys Sad

There was a total of 6 people online at close btw last i saw

Cheers, Craig

PS: If it is the final disconnect I just managed to take a pick of the final shutdown screen

Last edited by segadreamcaster on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
bomb78
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:41 am
quote : #36
I TESTED THIS MORNING AND NO WAY TO CONNECT NEITHER ON 60HZ OR 50HZ (same disconnection error message)
THE SERVER NAME IS STILL ASSOCIATED WITH THE IP AND CAN STILL BE PINGED, STRANGE...

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur>PING master.pso.dream-key.com

Envoi d'une requête 'ping' sur master.pso.dream-key.com [62.73.186.207] avec 32
octets de données :

Réponse de 62.73.186.207 : octets=32 temps=31 ms TTL=241
Réponse de 62.73.186.207 : octets=32 temps=92 ms TTL=241
Réponse de 62.73.186.207 : octets=32 temps=116 ms TTL=241

Well they just have removed the whole game from this server but no its hostname...

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:06 am
quote : #37
it's true, maybe this is it
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:47 am
quote : #38
well, sad but i think i might have gotten the last documented caves run Crying or Very sad
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
maximus7001
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 am
quote : #39
So I guess they are down for good now?

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:27 am
quote : #40
Yeah I just attempted a connect and I got the maintenance message. I do believe it's gone for good now. Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:32 am
quote : #41
Yeah doesnt look good, I have just been a doing a bit of digging and I now know where the servers are by tracking the IP address, they are in Slough, which is london...Nestle's avenue to be exact which is very very close to the address of Sega-europe, so Sega-Europe obviously have control of them..the ISP is apparently NTT America and the organisation comes up as NTT Europe - UK

Gonna look into this further... will be contacting Sega if they don't come back I aint giving up without some kinda fight

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 am
quote : #42
Type: PAL
I salute your digging segadreamcaster!
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:43 am
quote : #43
thanks a crappload dude
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:42 am
quote : #44
Type: PAL
Looks like they are down for good! Crying or Very sad , GameCube has the same message, also the 50Hz like bomb78 said displays it too. The bad is that we didn’t know what time and date the servers would close, and it’s sad we couldn’t gather for last moment. We had some hopes because they had close it and then put them back on again.

I played a lot during the past days and was an excellent time, probably the best videogame moments I had ever Very Happy . Yesterday night took some nice pictures with mcmonkey, segadreamcaster and Zen and helped Nintendo_DS making his filming of Caves. Left at 1:40am GMT+1 but before going to bed decided to bring the DC to my room and finding a way to set it online, because I wanted to be online a bit before yesterday’s closure time. I was having a feeling that they could close them at same time. When I got online around 4:45am only 3 people were on, idrepublik, Cacao and KoNeko. Stayed there for around 25 minutes, but since nothing was happening and Cacao was saying that they will not close them… Razz I decided to quit for a few hours and back a bit before 8am not before taking my last online picture, all were idle at time.

Before going to a short sleep again I decided to try 50Hz, since I usually connect the DC to a VGA I can’t connect to 50Hz, so since I was playing in a normal TV I decided to see what appears there. Got the Maintenance message segadreamcaster said and took a picture.

A few minutes before 8am I was trying to connect again and when I got the maintenance message I thought that maybe I have chose 50Hz by mistake, and so try it again...but got same message… I could not believe they had closed them for good and I was not there despite trying my best to be on every time I could, so I could take pictures of last moments. When I saw the maintenance message I thought that was really over because yesterday was different and that message appears in GC as well. So far that message still appears and I’m afraid they’ll be down forever Sad . Also took a picture of that message in 60Hz…since I couldn’t do anything more. If I knew they’d close them I would have stayed the rest of the night.

I’m glad I told segadreamcaster how to take pictures some days ago, he had a empty 4mb memory card and still had a couple of pictures to take. So it’s really good that at least he took the last moment picture. Thank you mate! Cool

PS: Yes lets try to do something to change Sega Europe minds or something…tough maybe a bit pointless nothing to lose.

I have many great pictures to post over the next few days, so remember to check all sections of the screenshot page soon. But now I’ll leave you with these 3 last pictures:

Last picture I took online, was 5am GMT+1 April 3rd, only 3 people beside me were online:

50Hz message:

60Hz message:
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:01 am
quote : #45
No probs guys...gone a little deeper now and am currently in talks with NTT Europe who have more or less confirmed for me that they have a contract with sega to host the servers, they defiantely confirmed they have server contracs with sega...they are gonna get back in touch with me tomorrow, they seem very helpful and very human...hopefully they can help. The guy I spoke to said he has direct contacts with Sega-europe and will be contacting them tomorrow

So the bottom line is, Sega themselves DO NOT operate the servers, NTT Europe does....I'm gonna chase this as far as I can guys...probably won't get anywhere but im gonna go as far as I can Smile

I am a little concerned that I may be doing this too early..but on the other hand if I don't act fast the chances of getting anywhere will most likely be nil...but as it stands I dont think they will have any chance of coming back without some kind of intervention.

Wish me luck....we'll go out fighting thats for sure Smile

PS: Yeah have all the pics here...will upload them when I get a chance.... Smile

Last edited by segadreamcaster on Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer