Topic: What the Hell!

Page 1 of 2
RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just got 4x4 Evolution, and when I connect, it connects fine, then it says "DNS error connecting to master server" I don't have my DNS configured in my ISP info because I can't get it off my computer, it dosn't show up in winipcfg or network neighborhood, I had it once, it was in my ISP's settings somwhere, but now I forgot how to get it, can someone PLEASE help me before I pull out all my hair and end up smashing this game with the heel of my shoe?!
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:49 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Your talking about the dreamcast version of 4x4 evo correct?
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 pm
quote : #3
Yes sir.
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:11 pm
quote : #4
reset ur internal mem or use those ones i gave u over IM, those are the correct ones!! thats what u get when u reset ur DC mem and start over
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:31 pm
quote : #5
Ok I think I know whats wrong. For some really lamo reason, 4x4 evo is kinda picky about its ISP settings. I was screwing around with the PC DC server one night, I still never got that thing working....anyways so.....

It was time for me to meet tony2004 on 4x4 evo. I just realised. I had deleted all of my ISP settings screwing around. The dreamcast holds 2 account Dreamcast ISP accounts. PlanetWeb usually occupies account #1. And the other one usually ends up being a Dreamkey Account or for games that have their own ISP configuration setup.

So I at first cleared both ISP's then I did the planetweb setup. But it didn't want to pull from that account it insisted on pulling from account #2. SO I THEN tried doing it from within 4x4 evo itself. It didn't work. So I eventually just slammed in NBA 2k1, and configured both ISP's from there. NBA 2k1 has an awsome ISP configuration menu that lets you adjust both account 1 and 2. Then it worked.

This is just what I did. Anyways if you get it properly configured and your still having problems then it might be the ISP.

I hope this helps you some. if your still having problems after tinkering for a bit. Holler back and i'll brainstorm some more.
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:35 pm
quote : #6
well, I think I just need DNS to put in there but I have tried...and it still says "DNS Error receiving master server".....so it only lets me created a game or direct IP connect...I don't even think this game is worth it. Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:00 pm
quote : #7
UT lets you edit both accounts too

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:04 pm
quote : #8
The 4x4 EVO server might be down right now, let me check. It happens sometimes.

EDIT: Yea its not you, its the server, it must be having some issues right now. The DNS (Domain Name Server) is having problems. Its an internet goof. master.4x4evolution.com is just not resoliving thats all. So you have your account configured fine. Just DNS are having some issues right now. Prolly will just have to wait it out until it the domain name resolves to the server again.
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:08 pm
quote : #9
BY GOD!, thanks for checking for me, I think I would have gone insane.
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:25 pm
quote : #10
maybe thats why i cant download tracks with my copy. any one know the dns numbers for the juno isp?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:16 am
quote : #11
Yes i can further confirm that it is having troubles. don't worry though, this has happened before and the servers come back up. So don't get all mad and stuff.

And you can always host a game without going on the server and give someone the IP.

RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:39 pm
quote : #12
God damn bing bang fiddle faddle wang spang ching chang...

It's still down...oh god, PLEASE don't have somthing to do with the merge or IGN and Gamespy....*reads above post*....oh. ok.
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:55 pm
quote : #13
Well now there is uncertainy whether it'll come back or not fr0om what I am hearing. There's is still a good chance,, it has done tis bwfore and came back. We'll always be able to pla though, we can host games without connected to the master server

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:51 pm
quote : #14
Hey Chris, just curious. Refresh my memory on how exactly you dirrect connect with another user? I didn't know this was possible or do not know how it's done. Cane you drop a little more information about this? Still lots of 4x4 evo and figuring out. I had not explored the dirrect IP thing.
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:19 pm
quote : #15
Once you are connected with 4x4 it has an option to Connect to an IP or host a game...you just click on it and enter the IP of the person hosting the game.