Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:09 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
The Saturn controller is the best thing to use for fighters and if you can't afford an arcade stick. I do enjoy an arcade stick, but I can't really afford to get a pair of DC sticks and the converters will allow Saturn sitcks anyway, and those are much easier to get.
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:37 am
quote : #17
Type: PAL
Nightmare a la DC wrote:
The Saturn controller is the best thing to use for fighters and if you can't afford an arcade stick. I do enjoy an arcade stick, but I can't really afford to get a pair of DC sticks and the converters will allow Saturn sitcks anyway, and those are much easier to get.

hehe, that's what I do Smile
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:27 am
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Saturn gamepads are fantastic for fighting games. Nobody should be ashamed of using them. While I like using arcade sticks, using a saturn pad is also very good.
Posted:
Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:20 pm
quote : #19
I only have played Mortal Kombat Gold.

So it wins by default.

Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:28 pm
quote : #20
I guess that would count as a 2D fighter, consider the almost non-existant 3D movements.
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:14 pm
quote : #21
Mortal Kombat Gold (aka Mortal Kombat 4) is still considered a 3D fighter. The matches are faught in Arena's where characters can and do get shifted around a three dimensional space. Hence not a 2D fighter. In-any event, lets not de-rail this discussion onto 3D fighters.

For those of you who havn't checked out a King of Fighters game on the Dreamcast, I highly recommend picking one up. My personal fav as already stated is KOF2001, however KOF2002 is really unique as well. It has a much darker tone, featuring more pastel type colors and tinted backgrounds. It really stands out from the other King of Fighters games because of this. Highly recommended!
Posted:
Thu May 03, 2007 4:53 pm
quote : #22
So how much on average do the KoF games go for on Ebay and similar sites? They sound good, but I haven't played really any SNK fighters during my lifetime aside technically from CvS. I really know about the characters, 4-button format, the SNK meter, and of course the stupid hard bosses all SNK fighters seem to have.
rank 20
Posted:
Sun May 06, 2007 5:07 pm
quote : #23
I picked up a copy of Capcom Vs. SNK for the DC around a year ago, and I like it a lot. I'm not really huge into 2D fighters, but I'll fire it up every once in a while. My interest in SNK fighting games grew after I bought my Neo Geo Pocket Color, and then KOF '99 for the PS1, but since I only play occasionally having a Vs. game with characters from different fighting universes is pretty awesome. I've picked up a few 2D Fighters here and there for other platforms as well. I think I'd like them more if I had a good stick, though.

I'm thinking of checking out the Marvel Vs. Capcom games, but they're pretty hard to find.

If I was looking to pick up a decent stick, would my best option be to just get a PS2 stick, and then adaptors for my DC and Saturn fighting games?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun May 06, 2007 6:46 pm
quote : #24
Einhander wrote:
If I was looking to pick up a decent stick, would my best option be to just get a PS2 stick, and then adaptors for my DC and Saturn fighting games?

The DC arcade stick goes for a bit these days, I thinks.

Adapters are certainly the easier/better option. I personally use my old Saturn stick and adapter for all arcade ventures. Picking up a cheapish PS2 stick and a couple O' adapters would be much more wallet friendly.

So yes, purchase on!
rank 7
Posted:
Mon May 07, 2007 3:24 pm
quote : #25
I would say go with the Saturn to DC adapter, that way you can have the option of those wicked Saturn controllers, you can pay maybe $10-$20 for a good Saturn arcade stick (official ones).
rank 4
Posted:
Wed May 09, 2007 2:51 pm
quote : #26
Oh yeah, I had to reply on this one! Twisted Evil I'm suprised no one...and I do mean no one. Mentioned the greatest...and I do mean THE greatest 2-D fighter, to date: Street Fighter: 3rd Strike! Yeah, I like MvC 2 as well, and personally, I like CvS 2, better that MvC 2; however, nothing...and I do mean nothing, beats 3rd Strike ya'll...nothing. Razz Mr. Green I mean, it's the best animated 2-D fighter out there, as well as one of the best looking! (I didn't say best looking, becasue the Guilty Gear series is damn good looking! Different looking sprites though...) By the way, for the record, Garow is nice in the animation department too. (Sigh) Damn. If I had to choose in order (which could be subject to change...), it'd go like this:

1.) Street Fighter: 3rd Strike
2.) Capcom vs. Snk 2
3.) Marvel vs. Capcom 2
4.) Vampire Savior (Man...almost forgot this game!)
5.) Anything Guilty Gear
6.) Garow: Mark of the Wolves (SNK/Playmore needs to stop the B.S., and make a sequel... Mad )
7.) Anything King of Fighter '00 to present

I know I'm missing something, but for now, this is what I have. Enjoy!

PS

If any of you think, that MvC 2, is better animated than 3rd Strike, I'll pray for you ok? Razz Rolling Eyes

Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Wed May 09, 2007 3:33 pm
quote : #27
Damn, how could I forget about Street Fighter 3? That is also an amazing game, but I haven't played it in years; I'll have to look for that as well.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu May 10, 2007 6:52 am
quote : #28
All the 2D fighting games of Dreamcast are good but my favorites are:
1- Street Fighter 3 Third Strike *****
2- Capcom vs SNK 2 *****
3- Street Fighter Zero 3 ****

Last edited by NB-DanTE on Sat May 12, 2007 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Fri May 11, 2007 3:19 pm
quote : #29
Snap! I for got about Street Fight Alpha 3, my damn self! (Sigh) Told my list would be subject to change. Mr. Green

Put Alpha 3, between MvC 2 and Vampire Savior. Ok...I'm good now. Razz Wink Mr. Green

Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Thu May 31, 2007 6:21 am
quote : #30
I think you guys mean Vampire Chronicle Wink but yeah it's really an excellent game.