Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Today I ended up buying 3 DC games for $10 (CAD) altogether, and all of them are complete and seem to be in great condition. The games are Starlancer, Wild Metal, and Headhunter(this was a surprise); my only question really is will Headhunter work on my US system using a boot disk or something similar to that?
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:02 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
No, you will need to get a boot disc. Here's a link to how to burn a Utopia Boot disc http://dreamcast-talk.com/guides/utopia.html After you burn it stick it in your dreamcast, wait for it to load, then stick in headhunter and it will play. I use this method for Dreamkey 3.0.
Posted:
Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:37 pm
quote : #3
That's ok I don't need the link, I already have a Utopia disc from a while back, and I tried it out and the game worked fine. So far it's quite fun.
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:36 pm
quote : #4
hey nightmare where in the toon did you get those games at that price. might have to make the trip up from the jaw.
Posted:
Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:43 am
quote : #5
It was from a local game store that's a few blocks from where I live; he had a box full of DC games and just said they were 3 for $10, since a majority of them were sports games and fishing and other dirt common titles. I also found stuff like Outrigger and Heavy Metal Geomatrix. The Headhunter game was cheap b/c I don't think he was really certain that this could be played on a US console w/o a modchip, and it's in great condition.
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:27 am
quote : #6
Nightmare, great find! Especially for the complete copy of Headhunter. I resorted to importing it from the UK, so you did good.

I love finds like that. It really gets me going.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Nightmare a la DC
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:13 pm
quote : #7
I love this store, it always comes through for me when I'm looking for Dreamcast stuff. To date, I've already gotten Soul Calibur (complete), a keyboard and mouse, and a VGA cable to name a few. Now if only it comes up with a good copy MvC2 soon, then I'll be estatic.