Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:12 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
does any one else find this game to be easy as hell?

i just busted 600,000+ points in the hanger with much ease. i also have the game compleat 100% goals and cash every level and every skater, even a created skater.

but yet there is still one cheat to be unlocked it looks like a nother skater . i cant seem to get it open. the only thing i can find that i have not done is close all the gaps, on the gap check list. is that the trick to opening the remaining skater??
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:20 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
I finished the game long time ago. You already got spiderman? I believe this is the last skater.

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:38 am
quote : #3
Can't you unlock a cop character?

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:06 am
quote : #4
Yeah. You can also get Spider Man, too. Private Carrera and Officer Dick are also Tony Hawk (the first one) characters as well.

rens of heavens
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:56 pm
quote : #5
Trixie was the last character you can unlock.
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:24 am
quote : #6
i have spider man and officer dick the cop. im not sure about trixie how do you unlock him/her ?

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:14 pm:

SNK 47 wrote:
Just tricking in the hangar. Checking out the tunes. I'd never sell it.

Try and pick up Matt Hoffman BMX. It uses the same game engine and would make a nice change.
yeah i have it already. its not to bad i like it.i also like Dave Mira
Posted:
Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:41 am
quote : #7
I remember standing in awe watching a guy bust a million point combo in the Hangar using a created skater with beginning stats on THPS2 right after it launched for the PlayStation. Later games in the series allowed for multi-million point scores in even the simplest of combos, with all of the extra moves that are added for each game.

I still will accidentally bail every once in a while playing 2 when I instinctively try to do a move that isn't included in the game (usually It's the spine transfer). I don't really like the career mode in the game so much as I like to just cruise around and free skate. I like the levels in 2 a lot, they seem to flow pretty well compared to some of the others in the series. I have no idea why, but crashing through the glass divider in the Hangar, going huge at Marseilles, or flying into the volcano at Skate Heaven will never get old.

Trixie is unlocked by hitting all of the gaps, but there is also a cheat code to do it for you if you lack the willpower. I had already beaten the bejeesus out of the PS1 version, so I just went online and downloaded a complete save file for the DC version after beating it with one created skater. The only THPS game I have ever gotten all gaps in without cheating was THUG, and I had borrowed a friend's strategy guide for it.

The soundtrack is pretty good, but can start to get repetitive, but it's all .adx so you can edit it with whatever you like if it really gets to you.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:54 pm
quote : #8
Overall, THPS2 is probably still my favorite in the series. It's the first one I played, and was one of my first games on Dreamcast. It hooked me early on. I still love the level designs just about the best of any game in the series. Marsailles is the perfect skate park. Plus, the graphical detail and cleanness is great.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Chris3025
rank 6
Posted:
Wed May 16, 2007 11:29 am
quote : #9
I found the difficulty of the game to be just right, It was one of my first two games, the other being Sonic Adventure. The graphics for THPS2 were really well done and made great use of the hardware. I loved the fact that they included spiderman as a playable character Smile

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 pm
quote : #10
Type: PAL
Chris3025 wrote:
I found the difficulty of the game to be just right, It was one of my first two games, the other being Sonic Adventure. The graphics for THPS2 were really well done and made great use of the hardware. I loved the fact that they included spiderman as a playable character Smile

I don't think the graphics were amazing (It was just a port of the PSX version with a a little graphic update), but at least a game with good gameplay. I still play this game

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sat May 19, 2007 11:52 pm
quote : #11
They added a few graphical effects, like clothing flapping in the wind when you were skating, and Trixie has some... well, let's just say that they added a little bit of sway on a certain portion of her character model. Make her skate in a tight circle on flat ground for an example.

The textures look amazing, though, especially on VGA. The character models are light years ahead of the PS1 version, and are significantly better than the DC version of THPS. I really think that THPS on the DC was a simple port, but that THPS2 was reworked quite a bit, since it's alot smoother than the DC version of THPS.