Page 1 of 1
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:07 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i have a previous thread that i started on how to make the dc bios extra 3d, but no one completely let us in on the info, so could someone for the love of God please tell me how to do this
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:07 pm
quote : #2
Shocked this is the first i have heard of this. i wonder if there is any truth to it? i hope some one knows more
Posted:
Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:24 am
quote : #3
I've seen pictures of it, but I have no idea how it's done.

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:14 am
quote : #4
i did it last night, all i did was get the puyo puyo fever game, then applied the bios from the game and also did some other thing under the bios select, then saved the game...

i went out to the bios and the pvr in the background was the puyo puyo fever one, so i pressed start and BAM, it is 3-D!

i tried to see if the game would allow me to delete the pvr from puyo and load my own with the 3-D, and that worked too

so, if i can get the sys file uploaded, i will put up a guide in the following days...
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:29 pm
quote : #5
I've heard of this, I have no idea how it's done however.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:36 pm
quote : #6
I wish I knew how to do it.
Posted:
Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:40 am
quote : #7
well, first you get the game puyo pop fever, then you go to options and let the vmu icon be changed, then press start on the main menu and it loads the 3d-ness

an alternate method is to burn Spueds VMU tool from [url]bswirl.kitsunet.org[/url] and make your own extra icon for your vmu, then apply the real menu hack to it...

i would say to get the tool anyway, because it lets you make your memory cards in 241 block instead of 200, i changed my 800 block vm's to 964 blockers!

i am currently trying to figure out how to upload the icondata_vms file, but havn't figured it out yet, I'll let you all know soon tho[/url]

Last edited by nintendo_DS on Mon May 21, 2007 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
jesus.arnold
rank 5
Posted:
Thu May 17, 2007 3:44 pm
quote : #8
what's this spuerds vmu tool, i've never heard of it, how does it work, how safe is it? does this cause the vmu to corrupt easier? if not this would be a great help for my jet set radio graffitti designs they take up way too much space at mo.
Posted:
Fri May 18, 2007 7:14 am
quote : #9
Type: PAL
jesus.arnold wrote:
what's this spuerds vmu tool, i've never heard of it, how does it work, how safe is it? does this cause the vmu to corrupt easier? if not this would be a great help for my jet set radio graffitti designs they take up way too much space at mo.

In that case, what you'd want is to upload those graffiti designs to your PC to free up some blocks in your VMU right? You can do it all through dial-up, or you can use VMU Tool, but you need a coder's cable (that's what I use) or a BBA. Perhaps the more convenient method (but not the more powerful) is using dial-up.

The only episode of corruption I ever experienced was when I messed around with PSO saves. Using VMU Tool on the DC I uploaded a full image of my two VMU's (like you would make an ISO out of a CD) to my PC (through the coder's cable). That way I got a backup copy of both VMU's in case something happened (just reading the VMU can't do any harm). On the PC, using another program (I don't remember the name right now, it had a pretty nice graphical interface) I defragmented both images (so I'd get some free blocks) and I tried to make a PSO-only VMU. It worked nicely and nothing actually got corrupted, but when I went online (this didn't happen in offline mode), the game somehow noticed I had done "something" and said I had to delete all my items. So no actual corruption.