Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 86
Posted:
Tue May 22, 2007 12:05 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Posts: 5895
Type: NTSC-U/C
I recently learned there are 2 variants for Unreal Tournament on the Dreamcast. The original release was Yellow, and the second print run was Gray. What disc do you have? Currently I just own a gray disc, but now I am curious to track down a yellow one as well.
  _________________
I'm already numero uno on Dark Helmet's hit list...
Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Tue May 22, 2007 12:09 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Posts: 922
Type: NTSC-U/C
Interesting. I only have the grey disc.
 
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue May 22, 2007 1:25 pm
quote : #3
profile : pm
Posts: 811
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey I have a copy of the Yellow version...forgot I had it actually, but decided to track down all BBA capable games back when I first bought the BBA, just in case there were any future developments Smile

So Yeah, my US NTSC version has a light yellow coloured disc top

UPDATE:

Well thats just typical....just tried it out and guess what it doesn't work Sad

It was brand new and sealed when I bought it as well and the entire thing is in perfect mint condition...I know it did work when I first opened it as I remeber testing it, but sadly no longer Sad

I tested it in two dreamcasts and tried booting it with codebreaker, but still no go, just loads up the initial SEGA stuff and then resets in a loop...very odd.

The discs data side does have those kinda swirly marks though (which often don't seem to cause a problem) but I am wondering if that is the issue? not sure?

Anyway, looks like I won't be able to answer any questions sadly Sad
  _________________
Game Names:

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
gRimGrAvY014
rank 26
Posted:
Tue May 22, 2007 2:16 pm
quote : #4
profile : pm
Posts: 549
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have a yellow colored disc.
 
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue May 22, 2007 3:15 pm
quote : #5
profile : pm
Posts: 1285
Type: Pal
segadreamcaster wrote:
Hey I have a copy of the Yellow version...forgot I had it actually, but decided to track down all BBA capable games back when I first bought the BBA, just in case there were any future developments Smile

So Yeah, my US NTSC version has a light yellow coloured disc top

UPDATE:

Well thats just typical....just tried it out and guess what it doesn't work Sad

It was brand new and sealed when I bought it as well and the entire thing is in perfect mint condition...I know it did work when I first opened it as I remeber testing it, but sadly no longer Sad

I tested it in two dreamcasts and tried booting it with codebreaker, but still no go, just loads up the initial SEGA stuff and then resets in a loop...very odd.

The discs data side does have those kinda swirly marks though (which often don't seem to cause a problem) but I am wondering if that is the issue? not sure?

Anyway, looks like I won't be able to answer any questions sadly Sad


I remember there is an issue with UT played over scart my official copy didnt work either froze at like 80% when booted with utopia. Hwever it did work on RF Sad this was the same for everyone who had it back on an old forum I was on. My copy of UT though self booting has this problem fixed. Svideo or other connection may be ok I dont know.

Laters
  _________________
Now have a working PC DC server courtesy of Segadreamcaster. Bring on the DC on line games yeeee haaa.
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed May 23, 2007 8:11 am
quote : #6
profile : pm
Posts: 811
Type: NTSC-U/C
Blast wrote:
I remember there is an issue with UT played over scart my official copy didnt work either froze at like 80% when booted with utopia. Hwever it did work on RF Sad this was the same for everyone who had it back on an old forum I was on. My copy of UT though self booting has this problem fixed. Svideo or other connection may be ok I dont know.

Laters


Hey, nice one m8 Smile

I sometimes wonder if you actually have a specially written book for all these things you manage to remeber...lol...you always seem to be able to remember these little solutions/problems from years ago...for me it goes in one ear and out the other..lol

Anyway, yeah you were right...wouldn't work over scart but worked fine over composite Smile very simialr to the situation with the Dreameye if I remeber correctly as some of the software from that won't work over scart either, in fact I think it only worked fully via RF?

So yeah my yellow copy is now back to its fully working mint condition state Smile
  _________________
Game Names:

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed May 23, 2007 4:19 pm
quote : #7
profile : pm
Posts: 1285
Type: Pal
segadreamcaster wrote:
Blast wrote:
I remember there is an issue with UT played over scart my official copy didnt work either froze at like 80% when booted with utopia. Hwever it did work on RF Sad this was the same for everyone who had it back on an old forum I was on. My copy of UT though self booting has this problem fixed. Svideo or other connection may be ok I dont know.

Laters


Hey, nice one m8 Smile

I sometimes wonder if you actually have a specially written book for all these things you manage to remeber...lol...you always seem to be able to remember these little solutions/problems from years ago...for me it goes in one ear and out the other..lol

Anyway, yeah you were right...wouldn't work over scart but worked fine over composite Smile very simialr to the situation with the Dreameye if I remeber correctly as some of the software from that won't work over scart either, in fact I think it only worked fully via RF?

So yeah my yellow copy is now back to its fully working mint condition state Smile


What I think helps is the fact that I was on Dreamarena and some very early DC forums with people who had far more knowledge than me. At these times there were more people playing so more people experiencing the problems. Luckily I have a good memory for nit picky little things like this and the Max pool save.

Its the Photo editor part that doesnt work over scart on Visual park. I think it does work on other connections to RF I am just not sure which.

Laters
  _________________
Now have a working PC DC server courtesy of Segadreamcaster. Bring on the DC on line games yeeee haaa.
Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Mon May 28, 2007 9:04 pm
quote : #8
profile : pm
Posts: 389
Type: NTSC-U/C
My NTSC copy is yellow, with silver lettering. Although it looks to me to be more like a peach color.

I wouldn't be surprised it the grey coloring was just a cost saving measure once the game had been out for a while (another example would be the lower quality disc art used on Greatest Hits games on the PS1 and PS2), but I am curious if there are any differences between the two discs?
 
X
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:47 pm
quote : #9
profile : pm
Posts: 136
This game came in the post today. I have yellow/peach disc. Haven't played it yet though.
 
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:13 pm
quote : #10
profile : pm
Posts: 813
Type: NTSC-U/C
mines the yellow one. got it at toys r us for like $2.50 brand new. not much of a UT fan so its still mint lol
  _________________
VGA is the way to play
X
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:46 pm
quote : #11
profile : pm
Posts: 136
Does Toys R Us still have DC stuff in the US?
 
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:25 pm
quote : #12
profile : pm
Posts: 813
Type: NTSC-U/C
X wrote:
Does Toys R Us still have DC stuff in the US?
no but i wish they did. i got mine about 2 years ago. they was just about giving away all the DC and PSX games.
  _________________
VGA is the way to play
X
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:23 pm
quote : #13
profile : pm
Posts: 136
gary_b wrote:
X wrote:
Does Toys R Us still have DC stuff in the US?
no but i wish they did. i got mine about 2 years ago. they was just about giving away all the DC and PSX games.


Oh, for some reason I assumed you got it recently, lol. Damn, I remember the days when the major stores had DC stuff. It was awesome.
 
isafos
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:54 pm
quote : #14
profile : pm
Posts: 89
Type: PAL
Back on topic...

I agree with Einhander, I would really like to know if there are any differences between the two, although the cost saving measures does sound more plausible then 'Ultra-awesome-secret-characters-hidden-inside' or something like that. :p

Anyone have one of EACH?
 
X
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:23 pm
quote : #15
profile : pm
Posts: 136
I doubt there are any differences.
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Display:   
 
View previous topic - View next topic
Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
1, 2  Next