Topic: About the soft reset...

Page 1 of 1
RickBB
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:33 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Anyone knows if the soft reset, made by pressing all the main 4 buttons plus L+R can damage the console?
I ask this 'cause my dc started reseting itself after I done this a lot, but now it is back to normal.
Any info on this?
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:26 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Well I did it a lot of times but my Dreamcast consoles are working without problems

NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:13 am
quote : #3
i think your Dc has a problem because the soft reset don't damage the DC
Posted:
Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:23 pm
quote : #4
does the console reset to the games' title screen like the soft reset then? or does it go to the dreamcast startup options screen?
Posted:
Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 am
quote : #5
Dash Iros wrote:
Anyone knows if the soft reset, made by pressing all the main 4 buttons plus L+R can damage the console?
I ask this 'cause my dc started reseting itself after I done this a lot, but now it is back to normal.
Any info on this?

I used to have a similar problem. However, I don't think this is caused by the soft reset function. Rather, I think this is a common problem of the Dreamcast and there are few ways to solve this. Just run a google search with the key words "Dreamcast, random, reset" and you should see several pages that will help you.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:39 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
zeleny wrote:
Dash Iros wrote:
Any info on this?

I used to have a similar problem. However, I don't think this is caused by the soft reset function. Rather, I think this is a common problem of the Dreamcast and there are few ways to solve this. Just run a google search with the key words "Dreamcast, random, reset" and you should see several pages that will help you.

Or use the search here Mr. Green

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:45 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
i found your problem... isn't soft reset where you hold all four button and then press start, not the l and r? lol Laughing
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
remay
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:05 pm
quote : #8
I never knew about it

X
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:58 am
quote : #9
nintendo_DS wrote:
i found your problem... isn't soft reset where you hold all four button and then press start, not the l and r? lol Laughing

Yeah, that's how I do it.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 am
quote : #10
How did I never know of this! Surprised

I knew you could on the PS2 but had no idea you could on DC, shouldn't cause any probs I would have thought with the DC.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:29 pm
quote : #11
Sega actually recmonded that everytime before shutting your dreamcast off you do a soft reset, probably to make the censor last as long as possible because it goes back to its starting position if you soft reset it. And if you just shut the dreamcast off then the censor is in the middle of reading something and the next time you start up the dreamcast it has to strain itself to figure out where it is, soft reseting it makes it so it doesnt strain (or you can just open the lid and then shut the dreamcast off like i do, same thing basically).