Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
Treamcaster
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Dreamcast Online Gaming Database Project

I can't seem to find anywhere an accurate and complete list set of the past comercial games which had online features, such as ranking system as well as any other type of online content/ play.

I don't believe anyone here knows exactly how many and what features each game had, so I hope everyone could contribute to this thread so we could make a database with this information.

My idea would be creating a complete Ranking website for the Dreamcast where users could submit their records or download VMU files for every DC game which had online functionalities.

There are some attempts out there of Ranking websites, I know, but all of them are incomplete.
What do you guys think? Wanna join? Let's make a DC revival! I can't do it without everyone's help, let's gather and make something big, shall we?

Here's the OC list:

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/content_gameslist.php

Other games with online features:

-Sonic Adventure
-Sonic Adventure 2
-Jet Set Radio
-Shenmue
-Planet Ring

Last edited by Treamcaster on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:42 pm
quote : #2
planet ring? as far as you can call it a game that is

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:11 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Treamcaster only posted the North American list. Links to the PAL and NTSC-J lists are on the online game list page (top right, above the first yellow divider)

Treamcaster
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 pm
quote : #4
You're right, how noobish of mine!
Well, the funny part is, there's no SA games as well as some other games I listed above there.
But anyways, I'm amazed with the lists, good job Lordnokin.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:03 pm
quote : #5
Type: Pal
Mazonemayu wrote:
planet ring? as far as you can call it a game that is

Err I dont get it. It was a game in fact 4 games.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 am
quote : #6
I already have an accurate list of games that supported ranking features. Its just not posted on the site yet. I believe at one point I had that information listed but pulled it to maintain an accurate online game specific list with the intent to add it to the game list in a different way.

Dreamcast fanboys (as opposed to fans) tend to love lumping everything into one basket as ammo in flame wars (ie. the DC has THIS many online games) by using this inflated number for online multiplayer titles.
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:59 am
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
I already have an accurate list of games that supported ranking features. Its just not posted on the site yet. I believe at one point I had that information listed but pulled it to maintain an accurate online game specific list with the intent to add it to the game list in a different way.

Dreamcast fanboys (as opposed to fans) tend to love lumping everything into one basket as ammo in flame wars (ie. the DC has THIS many online games) by using this inflated number for online multiplayer titles.

I think the current list is fine how it is now.

Treamcaster
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 am
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:

I guess I'll leave this up to you for now. You should bring up online all the stuff you have backed up, someday Razz

brmanuk
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:53 am
quote : #9
The currently list is really lacking, especially for PAL games. I documented most, if not all, of the PAL games with online features a while ago on my laptop. I'll try and find it and post it here. It would be fantastic if OC incorporated some kind of online ranking system for the games that supported that feature.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 am
quote : #10
The PAL list has every single game with actual online multi-player functionality. So it is not lacking. That is just how many games have real online multiplayer in PAL territories. There are other games with "internet features" which are not listed at the moment. I have the complete list methodically tracked on my PC at home but its not on the website yet.
Posted:
Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:59 am
quote : #11
lordnikon wrote:
The PAL list has every single game with actual online multi-player functionality. So it is not lacking. That is just how many games have real online multiplayer in PAL territories. There are other games with "internet features" which are not listed at the moment. I have the complete list methodically tracked on my PC at home but its not on the website yet.

Ah right, yeah I mean't that the games wtih "online functions" weren't listed. I'd be cool to see a complete list with those games included online, if only for reference.