Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:55 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Has anyone tried using a non DC mouse (PS2 connection) via a third party adaptor/convertor? If it is, is it possible to hook up an optical mouse, or would it need to be a ball type?

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:55 am
quote : #2
Im using an cheap saitek otical mouse --- works without any probs.
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:56 am
quote : #3
Cool, what adaptor/convertor do you use?

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:42 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I've wanted to try this, the official Dreamcast mouse seems to flimsy for my liking.

mrandyk
rank 19
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 pm
quote : #5
I love my dreamcast mouse, my only complaint is the mouse wheel is strange to me. I did get it brand new though maybe 8 months ago and its not some worn out piece of junk, like my keyboard.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:21 pm
quote : #6
mrandyk wrote:
my only complaint is the mouse wheel is strange to me

Yep that is my complaint as well. Its very loose and I often skip through the weapon I am looking for. However the "side" button on the mouse is really nice.
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:33 am
quote : #7
Well I just got my new keyboard and mouse (SEGA Issue) this week, but I was just wondering about using a more percise mouse. For now though the official KB + Mouse are great. Being new all the buttons + whell are in excellent condition.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:24 am
quote : #8
does any one know if i can use my logitech "wireless" keybored and mouse with a adapter on the dreamcast.
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:55 am
quote : #9
Not sure bout the DC but I just tried the same idea with my cube and an adaptor, no joy.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:06 pm
quote : #10
The original sega dc mouse needs simple 2 much place - I had 2 roll it over the whole table. But the main reason 2 use an optical mouse is my dirty table Smile And wheel is for sure a joke - I used the side but. 2 change weapons.

Right now Im using an total control 5 adapter - that one is simple small and has no cable - plugs in directly.
About that wireles mouse. I failed wit that stuff - the reaction was 2 looooow and incorrect. I dont know anything about technical stuff - but I guess the dc cant handle athat.