Topic: Make Your Own Treamcast

Page 1 of 1
evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:52 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Recently Ive been interested in the idea of owning my own treamcast, but since sega declared them illegal, i said what the fuck, ill make my own, so i found some compatible screens that work with the dreamcast

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826176105&skuId=5393184&type=product

but how the heck can i make the dreamcast play VCD's and MP3's like the treamcast? and add in a remote?

Edit:after further research ie found out that u can purchase a remote and do the followiing Very Happy
Posted:
Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:59 am
quote : #2
bad deal.... dat prize is 2 high!!! 199,- $ Sad TC cost around 220,-
Posted:
Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:14 pm
quote : #3
evilnine wrote:
Recently Ive been interested in the idea of owning my own treamcast, but since sega declared them illegal, i said what the fuck, ill make my own, so i found some compatible screens that work with the dreamcast

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826176105&skuId=5393184&type=product

but how the heck can i make the dreamcast play VCD's and MP3's like the treamcast? and add in a remote?

Edit:after further research ie found out that u can purchase a remote and do the followiing Very Happy

The remote would be the hardest thing to do because it was added internaly I know you can get a vcd remote and player cd at some importers for a normal Dreamcast. Over all I think its worth it, like a GB SP but million times better. So what Sega said it was legal, not like you would get sued or anything.

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:38 pm
quote : #4
Nice idea, and the good thing it's not all that complicated. Just the cost for this stuff had get a little out of hand. I knew a website that sold VCD screens that can work with DC it's been long lost now however Sad, I have forgotten it. If I ever find it again I'll let you know, it was a candian site.

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:22 pm
quote : #5
well ive seen cheaper LCD screen on special also at best buy, but try e-bay or something, but generally thats the idea

also i found a cheaper screen hopefully the actuion dint end yet
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3065745898&category=1489
Posted:
Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:02 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea this is a pretty feasable project. It might get pretty costly though. The cool thing is you can purchase almost every spare part for the DC from various game shops online.