Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just ran across a copy of MSR today for the first time. Naturally, I snatched it up screaming "MINE!" in the middle of the store and everyone looked at me like I was nuts. So I popped it in the DC and here's what I think. The graphics are cool, but the car physics to me seem way out of whack. Maybe I'm just not used to the game yet, or could be the car I was driving. Anyway, when the physics are out of sync with the gameplay in a driving game that really turns me off of the title. Any thoughts on it?
Posted:
Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:53 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
i think you need to unlock some new cars. when you first start this game its a lil less fun but after you get some sweet cars it gets beter. you may also not be driving the car right, its been a while but i think you have to hit a buton for the ass end to swing out and drift. btw drifting around turns will gain kudos and help unlock new cars and tracks.

one more side note if your playing a track and its night time and you want it to be day time you can play with the clock to make it what ever time of day you want by swiching time zones
Posted:
Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:41 pm
quote : #3
Yeah, but what I was getting at with the physics is that the cars have a "heavier" feel than what they should. I got how to operate the handbrake right off, but it seems that they keep sliding too much sometimes, or the cars simply do not have the traction physics so the tires will "grab" like they should. Perhaps I'll get into it some more and see if the higher end cars are better in these respects.
Posted:
Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:05 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
I know I found the higher end cars much more responsive, back when I played it. Problem was I had got used to the more slugish starter cars, and found that I over steered. I think there should have been a better balance with regfards to the learning curve of the game.

Great game overall though! I was always trying to get extra Kudos, and better my scores! I'm not usually a driving game fan, but I found myself hooked on MSR.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:45 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
i poped MSR in to see if i could get a feel for what you mean. i think your talking about the cars under stearing and all of them do it. but the higher end cars just corner beter reguardless of the undertearing issue. you get use to it and learn to power slide into the coners.

i tested the best cars and the worst cars and found that your computer driver does not cut the wheel all of the way when he turns. if you do a doughnut and watch the tires he turns them part of the way and then he will all of the way after you hold the analog stick to one side longer