Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
I know a lot of people here like multi player games so I thought In would post up my views on Rampart for the master system. I will start by saying that this game even by Master system standards is not for the lover of great graphics its much more about game play so expect a really basic look and feel.

At the start of each game you control a cannon on a piece of land, you use the cannon to shoot at ships that are approaching from the other piece of land from which you are seperated by a piece of water. The ships also fire at you or should i say the wall that surrounds you which is square in shape. The ships are not player controled only the cannons. Obviously the more ships u take out the less damage your walls will take. After each wave of ships finishs there is an amount of repair time in which you must surround your cannon in wall with tiles that you can select however they vary in size and shape a bit like tetris tiles so this is not always easy. Once you have finished the wall around your cannon you can if you have time then build a new square with wall parts. If you manage this you can put a new cannon in it so this is how you get more fire power. The game contiues like this on a differnt map each round until one player is unable to compleate a wall around one cannon then the other player is the winner.

In basic if you have master sytem and you like a good 2 player game then get rampart. Very Happy

Laters

Last edited by Blast on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:57 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have never played this game before. Was it released on the Genesis as well? or only the Master System?
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:03 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
I have never played this game before. Was it released on the Genesis as well? or only the Master System?

I jusrt quickly checked and it was indeed out on the Genesis in fact a number of other formats too both older and newer. Reviews state that the Genesis and Master system version's are near identical but the Genesis has slightly more detailed graphics.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:50 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Ah, a game hearkening back to the era of gaming where the quality of the game could be taken by the awesomeness of the front cover. Mr. Green
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:54 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes that guy has to be pretty badass if he is going to take on 3 ships all by himself.
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:07 am
quote : #6
If I can get my copy back from a mate me and Segadreamcaster may be able to get a game of this in when we meet up. I havent played it for years so will let u know how it holds up Smile

He is one bloke, he only needs one cannon for those ships in the game Laughing

Laters