Topic: Treamcast

Page 1 of 2
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:24 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I remember there being a Treamcast, but just searched ebay thinking about buying one and all I saw was a broken one. anybody know anything about them or where/how to acquire one?
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:04 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
mm eBay is the best place Neutral Anyway, personally paying $170 for a Treamcast is useless, get an used Dreamcast

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:09 pm
quote : #3
but if I wanted to buy a Treamcast for the screen and stuff, would it be a waste of money with the quality, or are some better than others?
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:04 am
quote : #4
There are 3 versions avaible. 1. run - grey (cheap screen) 2. run - grey 16:9 screen (cheap cheap screen) and the last one - black version (very good screen quality - better then the screens you can get for cube and PS2/Xbox.)

By the way - a treamcast is for collectors who dont know where 2 throw the money. Its a nice piece of illegal hardware - Grube loves it Smile

You can get them new on www.superufo.com --- 180,- $. I dealed with this dudes before and had no problems.
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 am
quote : #5
why's it illegal, and would you recommend buying one if I could afford it after saving up for a while?
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:08 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Grub is right, these are for collectors only, and not for practical use. The Treamcast is tightly packed, gets rather hot, and is essentially a bootleg game system. I shutter to think that actual DC units were canabolized to create Treamcasts.
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:33 am
quote : #7
Its not getting hot - has an external ac adapter - and I own 2x. Wanna use them on the next dc meeting - 2x cars side on side and 2x TCs linked.... but Im not normaland thats a differenbt story. Razz
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:05 pm
quote : #8
I heard the gray models got pretty warm?
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:57 pm
quote : #9
Not real - the grey versions have also an external ac adapter (incl. a fan). The screen for sure is making the unit a bit hot - but my cd-i 370 or the Psone lcd combo arent much colder.
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:17 pm
quote : #10
I want one but can not justify $180, I could do $60 or maybe $75 without a problem though. I would then probably never find a time to use it like I figured I would though.
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:15 pm
quote : #11
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
why's it illegal,

I don't think it's illegal. It's just a modded Dreamcast.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:32 pm
quote : #12
JKKDARK wrote:
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
why's it illegal,

It is, Lik-Sang was going to carry it, contacted Sega about it, and Sega says it violates their copyrights. I'm saving money to buy the black one from Superufo now. Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:34 pm
quote : #13
nick944 wrote:
JKKDARK wrote:
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
why's it illegal,

It is, Lik-Sang was going to carry it, contacted Sega about it, and Sega says it violates their copyrights. I'm saving money to buy the black one from Superufo now. Mr. Green

Dreamcast hardware was discontinued in 2001. You can buy/sell a modded Dreamcast without problems.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:13 pm
quote : #14
JKKDARK wrote:
[You can buy/sell a modded Dreamcast without problems.

You can --- but not for a big sale 2 publics.
Posted:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:43 pm
quote : #15
I can see why Sega is mad about it though. Whoever is making these things is just taking Sega's product and reselling it in a different package with a screen and modded. I wonder if I would be able to make one of these myself though, probably requires technical knowledge to get a little screen wired into the thing.