Type: PAL
The PSone screen is suppossed to be one of the easiest to use in mods

Raz1r
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:15 pm
quote : #17
profile : pm
There's a pretty sweet mod that a guy on the RacketBoy forums did. He used a PsOne screen like Dalore said. Can't believe the bastard scored a PSOne screen for $9......
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:18 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
It sounds like a good idea, but I'd prefer to get the Black Treamcast, the screen is a lot better than the Psone screen. It uses a Samsung 5" TFT.
Posted:
Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:29 am
quote : #19
Hey guys. I found an amazing store. He's in the UK, and the Treamcasts are insanely expensive, but he still has them in stock.
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:37 am
quote : #20
Type: PAL
WOW that's pretty expensive for a nonofficial product! I think I agree with Nikon, all that money and you could never really be confident that it won't die on you, being that it is a butchered and re-cased machine.

Hardware manufacturers have to adhere to pretty strict standards when it comes to electrical products, with the Treamcast you just don't have that definite high quality safety standards re-assurance.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:40 pm
quote : #21
Dalore wrote:
WOW that's pretty expensive for a nonofficial product! I think I agree with Nikon, all that money and you could never really be confident that it won't die on you, being that it is a butchered and re-cased machine.

Hardware manufacturers have to adhere to pretty strict standards when it comes to electrical products, with the Treamcast you just don't have that definite high quality safety standards re-assurance.

They make Treamcasts as best as they can. I know someone with an original white one, and they haven't had problems. If you buy from an online retailer most have a return policy, just in case it doesn't work. Most Dreamcast parts are available online anyway, so you could repair it yourself.
Posted:
Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:03 pm
quote : #22
just ordered one, it's gonna come in handy when I work late Laughing

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:08 pm
quote : #23
lol I plan to have one by november. I'm in high school without a job, so it might be hard. Crying or Very sad

EDIT: I just found the official manufacturer of the Treamcast. http://bearcity.com/ Though their email no longer works.

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:32 pm:

Just got my black Treamcast today. Mr. Green It's a very good system, pretty much perfect for me except one thing. The screen had a lot of small scratches all over it Sad I just emailed to try and get something to take the scratches off the screen. I will post pictures of it as soon as I can.

P.S. Treamcaster, how did you get your modem to fit? It doesn't seem to fit, or it would be an extremely tight fit.