Topic: VOOT noob queation

Page 1 of 1
Malici0us
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:07 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
ok. im new to this so please bear with me. first off, everything is American , the consoles and the games. except for the VS cable of course. ive got everything hooked up with the cable attached between the two machines, but at the menu i cant highlight Versus mode. what am i doin wrong? can VS link mode only be used with Japanese systems and games? man i hope not or i just wasted alot of time and money.

thx

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:57 pm
quote : #2
VS. Cable might be busted?
There also could be a thing between rev1 and rev2 DCs, 'cause when I tried linking mine (rev1) and a friend's (rev2), it would not work. I linked mine and a different friend's (both rev1), and we enjoyed a series of rather frenzied matches.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:30 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Are you using the correct code on the controller to reveal the menu option? I think you might be confusing VERSUS (splitscreen with 2 controllers) with the CABLE VS option.

To get the Cable option to show up in the menu, you have to enter a code on the controller:

Press and hold ''Left Trigger + Right Trigger + A + Start'' at the Press Start/Title screen.